Appleton needs oxygen after task

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Natalie Appleton: "I don't think I have got the strength"
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here contestant, Natalie Appleton, has been given oxygen after nearly fainting following her jungle tightrope task.
The pop singer, 31, had to complete the "bush tucker trial" after the public voted for her to undergo the challenge.

The singer has been distressed since arriving on the show, breaking down on several occasions.

Before she successfully finished her task, she cried out: "Mummy, I can't do this...I'm not happy. Help me!"

The camp medic had to give her oxygen after she felt faint.

Creepy crawlies

The former All Saints star told presenters Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly, known as Ant and Dec, that she was most frightened at night-time.

"The days are fine. It's just when it gets dark it's kind of scary. I feel very on my own. When they are sleeping I feel like 'Don't leave me on my own.'"

On her first day in the jungle, Appleton said she did not feel "mentally prepared" for the show, but decided to stay.

However she later woke her fellow contestants, tearfully complaining there was a spider in her bed.

Click here to read your views on the show
The singer had earlier been comforted by fellow contestants including Sheila Ferguson of The Three Degrees and model Nancy Sorrell.

They were joined in the Australian jungle by comedian Joe Pasquale, former royal butler Paul Burrell, journalist Janet Street-Porter, model Sophie Anderton, nightclub owner Fran Cosgrave and Huggy Bear actor Antonio Fargas.

Joe Pasquale is the bookmakers' favourite to win
The final contestant, former East 17 singer Brian Harvey, joined the group late following his grandmother's death.

Cosgrave was chosen to face the first "bush tucker trial", being covered in and bitten by insects, winning four meals to share between the 10.

Tensions were already evident on the first show, with Appleton's upsets annoying several members of the group and Street-Porter arguing with Burrell about the royal family.

"The monarchy is past its sell-by date and even in spite of how they treated you, you will stick up for them?" she said.

Former Atomic Kitten singer Kerry McFadden won the last series.

She might be gorgeous but she should be the first voted out. Having a go at somebody and telling her that all she does is "me,me me". But just a minute, ain't that the kettle calling the pan. Its Appleton who is the "me,me,me" character in the jungle.

Back