App for accessing PC

djkarloz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im looking for an app to enable me to browse my PC through my WIFI and transfer files to my phone or play them straight off the computer.

Anyone found anything like this?

Cheers

I use ES File Explorer on my Archos 7 HT, can browse local, LAN, FTP, Net etc works a treat copying and moving, but not to sure about streaming, should be quite good on a decent device

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thats the version I'm currently using.

Astro file manager has a SMB plugin which will allow you to mount and browse windows shares.

For direct playback from a share, that is down to the media player you use I believe. Not sure which ones support playback from a network mount.

ES File explorer will allow you to stream. I use it to stream recordings from my Dreambox/Technomate HDDs. You'll need a media player capable of playing the formats though - I use Daroon

Right, for streaming, trying to play an AVI from my PC.

Astro - 'ASTRO currently does not support opening remote files.'

ES - 'Sorry, no applicatin available' - if i play an mp3 i get the choice of ES media player or streaming. I have meridian player and VLC, but it doesnt ask for either of these.

Any ideas?

Cheers

I had to install Rock Player in order to stream through ES File Explorer, or as Davey posted Daroon

Strange one. With both daroon and rock player (lite - to test) play for 5 seconds then freeze and dropout. Just says failed.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back