anyone tried the slidecard for the ps2 ?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.mod-chip.com/slidecard.htm

Product Description:

SlideCard is an easy and affordable way for everyone to play their PS2 CD-R or DVD±R backups or original import games. It is a completely "never seen before" solution and alternative to a modchip for PlayStation2.

With the slide card you no longer have to install a modchip like Magic 3.6 No Solder, NEO, Messiah or DMS3 to be able to play your backups or original import games. You do not even have to open the console, therefore your Sony warranty stays intact. Normally when installing a backup solution, you have to open your console, and "split" the warranty sticker on the back. Thats all history now....

The SLIDE CARD does not make any changes to the internal system of your PlayStation2. So after and when using the Slide-Card your PlayStation2 is operating completely normal. Playing PS2 and PS1 original games as it should, and playing DVD movies as it should. No difference there.

But when using the slidecard in conjunction with the Swap Magic Discs, you will be able to play:

PS2 CD-R backups PAL or NTSC from any region

PS2 DVD±R backups PAL or NTSC from any region

PS2 Original import games from any region
We have the latest version 3.2, which now supports the latest V9/V10 consoles

Compatible with every PS2 version (V1 -V10), no need to check your PS2 version.
No modchip required!!

let me know if this works and any pros and cons ?

Regards
Mickie D

looks ruddy good mickie :) if it works......i think ive seen something like this on divineo......will have a look

i believe you can get a flip top lid thingy which does practically the same thing using the ar2 swap discs. will have a look thru the pages, ive seen it lately

Ok lads just to update on the slide card swapmagic.
I have just bought one and yes it works.
You get two discs one for dvd type games the other for cd based.
You have to take the front of the cd drawer (unclicks by using a small screwdriver)
You load up your swapmagic disc and the it says insert disc.
You then take the slide card and insert it into the tray and pull to the left and the drawer opens.
Insert you backup and away you go.
It is a bit tricky the first time you do it but after that its a doddle
I defo recomend it as an alternative to chipping its cheaper and does not fook up the warrenty.
I got mine for £18.99
it also says £6 postage but this was credited back to my card so total was £18.99
I ordered on Sunday and it came recorded delivery on tuesday.
I used
*ww.breezecomputers.com
Hope this helps anyone with a ps2.

nice one ian i also bought one last week :)

works a treat (looks a tad silly with no front door i worry about dust a but so cover it after a game)

Regards
Mickie

@ ianbbb

can you copy your disks i cant seem to copy mine ??

i might be able to source some of these tools (less the disks) if people want to buy the tool and we could maybe send some disks but i cannot copy mine when i put in the copys i get a blank ps2 screen ???

let me know how you get on

the swap disks u can not copy, som sort of special disk i think,

ive got the no solder chip, and still have to use swap disks,

just reading about the fliptop looks a much better option as its a new case but has a flip top to swap the disks while its loading the swap magic disks.

yes these disks are written by the same means as PS2 disks they are written with bad sectors which no software or writter (that i know about) can do....

have read a few online topics about using nero 6.3 to do it but i cant see that working a then you could just make PS2 games no need for fooking boot disks lol

anyway if anyone knows about a writter or software that can write bad sectors i might be interested in buying one ?

they done this with the dreamcast, {done away with the bootdisc and you put the patch directly on with the game}.---- every ps2 owners dream is to boot directly without a chip {but then again, the bootdisc makers wont make a penny if they released this info on the net}------ an excellent idea if you can get the info off the disc

Works a treat. the older version needed cd loader with certain games for extra toc boot as memory on some games is higher than others.Latest version plays all ps2 copies but you will need breaker pro. swapmagic.com :licker:

Mickie, I borowed swap magic from my friend and did not work for me. works ok for my friend.I also broke one of the side pins on my ps2-- very delicate thing, I am thinking to have it chipd any ideas mate?

Today I foun out from a trader he charges £100 to chip ps2, is it worth guys? I think it's over the top.

i chipped my ps2 myself about 3 years ago (messiah) and it has never let me down.No messing about just put in any type of disc and it works straight off. Can't beat a propper chip... ;)
Besides you can now get a chip that just plugs in.no soldering and will work with any version.

Back