Anyone remember Putty Squad??

moosie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

System 3 where developing Putty Squad for the A1200 during the last year or so of it's life. Now it was supposed to come out and never did and then there was apparently a leaked version but all references to this game seem to have been expunged from the annals of amiga history. So anyone else remember this or ever see the demo that was released (it was aces !)?

Cheers

Moose

Hi all,

System 3 where developing Putty Squad for the A1200 during the last year or so of it's life. Now it was supposed to come out and never did and then there was apparently a leaked version but all references to this game seem to have been expunged from the annals of amiga history. So anyone else remember this or ever see the demo that was released (it was aces !)?

Cheers

Moose

I'm sure this was released. I remember playing it. Maybe it was one of the leaked versions?

I'm sure this was released. I remember playing it. Maybe it was one of the leaked versions?

There is a demo of putty squad for amiga that was released, that might be what you played. The full version was released on the snes, it's meant to be the same as the amiga version.

I haven't played it in ages but the first putty game was good fun, very zany :)

There is a demo of putty squad for amiga that was released, that might be what you played. The full version was released on the snes, it's meant to be the same as the amiga version.

I haven't played it in ages but the first putty game was good fun, very zany :)

putty squad was never released. the only putty games released were putty, putty world, super putty and i believe there was a cd32 version of it aswell. lol as you can tell im a lil obsessed with the game lol

Take a look over at English Amiga Board, they found the original developer of Putty Squad, they are trying to resurrect the game from the original developer code. The guy that developed it is looking in his archives as he knows he still has it.

lol looks like putty squad escaped me. yet again there was so many different versions of putty so easy to escape

neways i choose to refuse to acknolwledge any putty game on the snes. to me its a amiga game and a amiga game it shall remain

Exactly, that's why EAB are trying to get hold of it to finish it off and finally release it for the Amiga.

any idea if there is a amiga OS that runs on PC as a standalone OS?

I wouldn't call it standalone, but if you mean as a replacement for Windoze then I doubt it

You could always try WinUAE it one of the most compatable, instruction accurate emulators for the Amiga, and its 100% freeware

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE_(emulator)
http://www.winuae.net/

I've run quite a few very old and very new games on it with no problems at all, it fully supports the ADF format which the vast majority of software is now available in

It emulates basically every Amiga model there was, including CD32, all processors and even external GFX cards

All you need is the OS ROM images, which can be tracked down with a bit of effort

I wouldn't call it standalone, but if you mean as a replacement for Windoze then I doubt it

You could always try WinUAE it one of the most compatable, instruction accurate emulators for the Amiga, and its 100% freeware

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE_(emulator)
http://www.winuae.net/

I've run quite a few very old and very new games on it with no problems at all, it fully supports the ADF format which the vast majority of software is now available in

It emulates basically every Amiga model there was, including CD32, all processors and even external GFX cards

All you need is the OS ROM images, which can be tracked down with a bit of effort

Also , if you google for Amiga in a box that gives you a very simple setup which you just need to add WinUAE too and the Kickstart Roms.

cheers

moose

PS - If you wanna be totally crazy you slap WinUAEPSP onto your PSP and play flood ;O)

Back