Anyone like Formula1?

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guyz

Not sure if many other members here enjoy F1?

I was at the Valencia circuit for F1 testing today. Great first day of testing there. Saw the new Red Bull Jaguar along with the new Renault R25 car for 2005. Also testing there were Toyota, Honda and Williams.
Klien set the best time of the day in the Red Bull, so thats the official reports you'll read, but Alonso in the Renault was looking SMOOTH. That car sounded sweet compared with the others and definately had much earlier grip out of the corners than the rest. Ok, it broke down after about 15 laps and he only set the 3rd fastest lap of the day, but the report from me is that this car is looking good! :) The Red Bull 'looks' great with the usual silver and purple colours (with some nice yellow triming) but it seemed 'full stretch' and its drivers, Klien & Coulthard, both seemed to be on the edge, thats how i can best describe.
Williams cars were especially loud but looking good and there was a chase where pizzonia caught the Renault but thats difficult to judge in testing. Williams seemed to do a lot of testing today with Pizzonia and Heidfeld head-to-head so i guess they got driver issues more than car issues.
BAR/Honda and Toyota were also on track a lot, with both Toyota cars going out at the same time. Toyota seemed f#@ked up to be honest, sounding rough most of the day. I dont know if they are testing some kind of traction system, I dont know why they would? But acceleration from low revs had some engine issues and a distinctive mechanical flapping like a limiter??

Testing continues there over the next 2 days.

To add, i just looked up these official results, might also be of interest-

1 C. Klien Red Bull - best 01:11:247 - 87laps
2 A. Pizzonia Williams - best 01:11:352 - 57laps
3 F. Alonso Renault - best 01:11:770 - 16laps
4 T. Sato BAR - best 01:11:831 - 84laps
5 N. Heidfeld Williams - best 01:12:293 - 60laps
6 D. Coulthard Red Bull - best 01:12:412 - 53laps
7 R. Zonta Toyota - best 01:12:676 - 78laps
8 G. Fisichella Renault - best 01:12:833 - 34laps
9 O. Panis Toyota - best 01:13:259 - 45laps

Mairyhinge said:
I used to love it, but it is wonk now.....:(
Used to love it myself, but I'm rapidly losing interest. They need to cut back on the technology and get back to basics.

It's got very boring, but I hang onto the hope that Jenson Button is gunna make a charge this season :)

I know in our house my husband becomes a couch potatoe, you know the advertisements about that mag called nuts (where you don't get anything done on a thursday) well thats him with the f1 weekends. I personally don't mind the f1 but i am not as avid a watcher as he is.

Back