Any tips on getting weekend UK breaks for cheapness ?

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking to get a cheap weekend caravan break (1st July 3 nights).

Is it best to wait until a week or two before or try and hunt around now ?

Was thinking of North Wales or maybe Somerset (Brean / Weston).

Any ideas ?

I just spent the last weekend in a place called the shire hotel in fareham, between portsmouth and southampton. Its not a caravan place but a hotel and spa place. Really good, you get peace and quiet and the staff are brilliant. Prices are very good too.

~Hi Lanstrom

Me and the family have just had a week away in the foothills of Snowdonia. We rented a log cabin complete with Jacuzzi etc..

It was nice and clean and very safe for the children. We stayed at Brynteg which has lots of amenities etc.

Only downside I would say is Brynteg is a large caravan / log cabin park and although the log cabins were private you still had the feeling that you were one of many if you know what I mean.

We love booking the log cabins stayed in 4 of them now at different locations. With having 2 children under 15months the cabins are ideal. Whereas villa's abroad are just too dangerous at the moment for my little ones (hard marble floors, sharp corners, sun stroke & swimming pools lol)

North Wales is a fantastic place to visit. The people are friendly and the scenery is absolutely fantastic.

P.S I always thought your username was LanStorm lol I stand corrected :)

Cheers Penners.

Is this the one you went to ? ... Brynteg Holiday Home Park, Llanrug, Near Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL554RF

Think I am going to wait until nearer the date and then have a look for last minute bargains :)

Cheers.

Yep that’s the one mate

Brynteg Holiday Home Park
Llanrug
Near Caernarfon
Gwynedd
LL554RF
Tel: 0800 0147 719

e-mail: [email protected]
Holiday Home Heaven at the Award Winning Brynteg Holiday Home Park, Snowdonia in North Wales.

I also use the following site and have stayed in several locations of these

Holiday Cabins: log cabin holiday accommodation in England & Scotland - holiday cottages UK

As I say great for the kids /adults

Once the kids are in bed its a vodka coke and a smoke for me in the Jacuzzi, admiring the beautiful views lol.

Had a bottle of champers in the Jacuzzi one night went to my head in about 2mins flat nearly went ass over tit trying to crawl out of it after half the bottle lol

Just been trying to convince the wife for a jacuzzi at home lol I'll get my way eventually although she thinks a kids pool would be better.

Back