Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

any av installers here?

steve2493

DW Member +
hi

i'm going to look at a small av job tomorrow( i install cctv, alarms etc)

what they want is a projector and tv to display from a pc/ laptop/dvd the connections will be on a table in the middle of the room.
they have said there looking at this amp [GOOGLE]Yamaha RXV771 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds[/GOOGLE] which looks over kill to me.

has anyone got any better solutions?
will also need a neat looking way off getting the signal (i presume it will be hdmi) from the table to the amp then to the tv/projector

thanks

Have a look at presenting it on something like Techconnect :: Vision | installation:innovation

I'm used to doing something similar in schools and whilst it's not necessarily the same arena generally we treat "amps" as legacy and move to use USB, something like Smart - SBA-UK - SBA-UK USB Speakers

Alternatively this should suffice with speakers: AV-1600 2 x 25w Digital Amplifier :: Vision | installation:innovation

The other alternative is powered speakers with built in AMP. It depends on the audience but unless they are planning a theater reproduction the AMP is way overboard.

Last edited:
thanks exos

had a look today and what there after is 3 hdmi inputs laptop,pc and dvd (poss get a dvd player with build in amp) with two hdmi out puts ( or we could use a hdmi splitter).
the connections from the centre table need to be:
data x2
vga
3.5 audio
hdmi
and a mains socket
and a usb to the pc

there are four speakers one for each corner( no sub)

the techconnect Exos pointed out would be idea but they have a rectangular cut out on the desk all ready and we will need to use that

does anyone no of any dvd/amp's that have 2 inputs?

I would use a veebeam for the PC > amp and play dvds through the pc. you can get modular kit for faceplates, im sure cpc do some

I do a few projects, nothing to special we keep it simple.

Here is a rack we are dressing at the moment, just waiting on parts to finish the job...

Needs quite allot of work on tidying up to be honest.

I would steer away from any HDMI cables over 15 meters personally, and use a decent cat6 balun, and not a cheap one either... good baluns will also do IR, I would not buy a cheap one from the ebay!!!

However hdmi cables can work at longer distances just make sure again they are of good quality, and the most important, also run 2 x cat6 to get you out of jail when they do fail... and believe me handshaking from hdmi can be a killer!

Mick

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If I saw a rack without vertical/horizontal cable management and tie wraps I'd probably throw my teddies out the pram as it's not best practice or fit for purpose. I'm just Anal like that.

I assume that's Cat5e/Cat 6 at the rear to the panel?

How do you forsee getting the door on?

Last edited:
How do you forsee getting the door on?

What door pmsl ;)

Lol they made the AV cupboard to small I wanted an 600x800 for the exact reason for cable management. We started off with a cupboard of 1m deep, the plumbers had a cylinder that never fitted and they stole 300mm leaving our cupboard with 700mm.

However they had to have a 600mm x 600mm and you are probably aware that 4 sonos and an a onkyo NR808 wont fit on 300mm shelves to allow the 100mm I wanted.

So blame the dry liners not me lol.

However it works really well, we buffered the bottom cable feed with extra cable protection for the curve and the entrance, its very well protected.

And i am waiting for parts (Velcro straps on the way matey)

Last edited:
Back