antenna/card

majestyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
You won't all approve of this ...

Some company or individual has wi fi near me and I use my laptop to piggyback occasionally and get fast Net access. I don't stay on long and I've no idea who it is so I can't ask permission.

It's sooo convenient that I'd like to hook up my PC which is at the wrong end of the flat to get a signal. Question: Can I run a long lead to an antenna and, if so, what's a nice cheap one.

PS: If you disapprove strongly, please check your hard drive for hacked software and your cd collection for hooky copies before you flame me. My view: A victimless crime is not a sin :Cheers: .

I Wish I could do the same....pmsl:)

As alroad says get an access point:)

put that in the position you have a good connection, and your lappy will talk via that

majestyk said:
You won't all approve of this ...
PS: If you disapprove strongly, please check your hard drive for hacked software and your cd collection for hooky copies before you flame me. My view: A victimless crime is not a sin :Cheers: .
Not flaming but .... ask yourself if you would like someone 'poaching' your connection and possibly making your internet speeds slower ??

OK, perhaps they should make sure it is properly firewalled etc ??

Steve said:
Not flaming but .... ask yourself if you would like someone 'poaching' your connection and possibly making your internet speeds slower ??

I'd actually be more worried that someone might use it to hack into my machine or damage it. If I knew who this guy was I'd probably warn him that he is wide open to attack.

Thanks for your help, chaps, I'll dig up info on an access point. :Cheers:

Back