Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ant have issues with maxtor harddrives?

nirelandguy

Member ++
Trying to get a maxtor 80GB ATA working, when I go into USB setup I get "No USB drives attached" however when I pull it out I get a message along the lines of "Hard drive disconnected"

what usb-ide adaptor are you using m8?

i have 2 here from dealextreme that wont recognise the drive, even though the TM states there is a drive connected when its plugged in

ive spoken to TM tonight, and hopefully will have a link to the ones shown working in the pics in the HDD thread from a few months ago, as i have a box full of drives here that are formatted ready for linux receivers ;)

Just using a little cheap one of ebay, I have now got it to recognise the drive, and can get to format, and it formats but at the end get the error "Can not create file system" so going to try and format in ext2 on the PC and see if that helps

thats the same error i get m8, ive tried 2 adaptors, and 5 or 6 different types of ide drive, yet an old usb HDD that has a ide adaptor built into it works fine

i dont know if the software drivers for the adaptors with 2.5" drive connectors are different to those that only have 3.5" connectors and thats what the issue is?

thats the same error i get m8, ive tried 2 adaptors, and 5 or 6 different types of ide drive, yet an old usb HDD that has a ide adaptor built into it works fine

i dont know if the software drivers for the adaptors with 2.5" drive connectors are different to those that only have 3.5" connectors and thats what the issue is?

Well at least I'm not alone.

I got the error "Can not create file system" just tried to format again and it worked ok.

Sometimes the the ide/usb adaptors dont pick up a unfromated drive on boot. Again I had this happen, I could tell because the ide/usb adaptor had indicater lights on it.

Also try jumpering your drive to cable select this worked on one of my hds for me too.

Hope this helps
Coley

Ok, went out today and bought a brand new Western Digital 120GB HDD and another USB adaptor. I am having same issues, switched adaptors etc and still get "Creating filesystem failed" am I just going to have to give up and say that the PVR doesn't work? Should of bought a TM500 at this rate.

Ok, went out today and bought a brand new Western Digital 120GB HDD and another USB adaptor. I am having same issues, switched adaptors etc and still get "Creating filesystem failed" am I just going to have to give up and say that the PVR doesn't work? Should of bought a TM500 at this rate.

can u format the drive via telnet ?

cheers

osborne82

Back