Another great site gone Usenet-Crawler

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir, Madam,

The BREIN foundation acts against piracy of entertainment content (music, film, eBooks, computer games and other interactive software) on behalf of rights holders and interested parties such as authors, performing artists, publishers, producers and distributors. Together these rights holders represent the lionÂ’s share of the intellectual property rights on entertainment content worldwide.

We have found that one of your customers operates the illegal website http://www.usenet-crawler.com/ (IP 77.72.147.85). The website is offering a choice of popular titles in the area of films, and music that are made available without the required prior permission of the rights owners. The website constitutes a platform for its many users to offer and share these titles which are known to be protected by copyright and neighbouring rights (e.g. Wreck It Ralph; Rise Of The Guardians; Finding Nemo; see screenshots). This is unlawful.

The website is structurally making use of the availability on internet of unauthorized files with entertainment content without taking into account the interests of copyright and neighbouring rights holders. Such conduct is in conflict with the due care proper in social traffic and is unmistakably unlawful with respect to the rights holders whose interests are taken at heart or represented by BREIN. The website is causing extensive damage to these rights holders. The website is being maintained by one of your customers.

The owner of the site has not ceased the above mentioned illegal activities upon demand. My request to you is to arrange for the immediate closing down of this illegal website.

In the event you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Pieter Haringsma
Legal Affairs
Stichting BREIN
Siriusdreef 22-28
2132WT Hoofddorp
e: *[email protected]
*t: +31 23 799 7870
f: +31 23 799 7720
w: *BREIN — The art of protecting the creative

It was ok this morning now there's a message on the site saying they've been taken down by their ISP. It was a newznab based site and was pretty good. Worked well with sabnzbd and RSS downloads.

Problem is I don't want to spend any more money becoming VIP etc.. so that I can get another few months of usage. At this rate I may as well buy the boxed sets on amazon.

Anyone got a link to a totally FREE newsnab based site? I've tried in vein to setup my own, even paid the £12 for newsnab pro, can't seem to get my head around getting it working.

its happening all the time now but still others out there

I was in the same boat but luckily I was already with nzbs.org but if you have a look on the sabnzbd wiki there's a list of about 10 sites a couple are dead now and some of what's left aren't great but do their job have a look at nzbstars that one is pretty good and is integrated with Sab but I'm not sure if they support RSS though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yes google is your friend one closes another opens, were there is a will there is always a way!

The bxxxxxxxs are winning i have paid and joined a few nzb sites now so will be reluctant to pay out again so without making money who will be willing to set up and run such sites. The big boys are out to get us but it's fun so i will try and find free sites and hope for the best

You guys are overlooking the obvious.The Crawler advertised their site like a carnival barker. They registered their site with their own personal info rather than a "domains by proxy" type service. They encouraged users to post about them EVERYWHERE and recruit members.

The letter from Brein is the type of letter that is sent to server hosts. An excerpt:

"The owner of the site has not ceased the abovementioned illegal activities upon demand. My request to you is to arrange for the immediate closing down of this illegal website.

In the event you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation."

That letter ( except for the name and IP#s ) is the exact same letter that has been sent to hosts. It is not something that a host would put up on a webpage that has been seized. Seeing a message like that on their Webpage is rather fishy. It's not something that Brein does when they use threats to shutdown a domain. Only the FBI ( and rarely Interpol )puts seizure notices on webpages after shutting down a domain. Notice how it is not a farewell letter like the Matrix used.

Brein loves to take credit for closing domains. There is no publicity from Brein about this seizure. The crawler does not show up in Google transparency reports with ANY complaints. A person from the server host claims to know nothing about this.

They took in a lot of donation money. They were happy to take donations until the very day they shut down. This could not have happened without advance warning. Many people think he took donation money and ran with your donation money and then put a message like that up to cover his tracks.

Since the Matrix shut down , Newsnab sites popped up like mushrooms. It's cheap and easy to set one up. It's also very profitable to take in a lot of money in a short period of time. We will probably never know for sure what happened but.....think about how easy it is to dupe the peeps.

There are a couple of sites you guys might want to check out. They don't beat you over the head for donations and don't seek a lot of publicity.

nzb-matrix.eu (no relation to the original Matrix) and

nzbplanet.net

Both are open as of now.

While its easy to say that he just took the money and run, I have been in touch with the guy over the last couple of months working on improving the indexing quality based on the experience from my site.

The guy seemed to have put in a lot of hours and to me didn't look like he was in it for the short term but we never know what his personal situation was like.

Anyway, hopefully he may be back as quality was pretty good but doesn't look like it. I'll drop the guy an e-mail and see if he replies.

In the meantime, if you have over 100 posts then I am offering access to my personal indexing site. Nothing professional as its running on my home network and I haven't got much backfill but it fairly good at picking up new posts and API/RSS is switched on for Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and coachpotato integration. Drop me a PM if you would like access.

Thanks for the offers to connect to your personal servers.

I would like instead to ask if you could help me setup the same so that I can also offer the service, the more the merrier etc...

I have setup Xampp on windows and it seems to run ok. I cannot use port 80 or 81. I am using port 82 but can redirect incoming port 80 to this using my router for external access. It all seems to work.

Newznab on the other hand is what I need help with. :)

oznzb.com is still currently accepting users, you will find more content than most other indexers

TBH I have found Onemans index to be superb for both sickbeard and couchpotato. My approach is to drop his site down the list for a few places, to alleviate the load. Knowing if I exceed the API limit or NZB isnt there RVIS will pick it up!

While its easy to say that he just took the money and run, I have been in touch with the guy over the last couple of months working on improving the indexing quality based on the experience from my site.

No idea who would have said they just took the money and run but i would never have said or suggested that these guys do a wonderful job for all. There again if your one that seems to have paid up just before a site was taken down it does make you weary to folk out again. Still it is nice to see that there are other's willing to help the masses and keep the whole thing alive.

Thanks for the offers to connect to your personal servers.

I would like instead to ask if you could help me setup the same so that I can also offer the service, the more the merrier etc...

I have setup Xampp on windows and it seems to run ok. I cannot use port 80 or 81. I am using port 82 but can redirect incoming port 80 to this using my router for external access. It all seems to work.

Newznab on the other hand is what I need help with. :)

If you pop over to Newznab Forums - Index

There are plenty of newznab admin's and guides for both unix and windows on there that can help you out.

BTW, have you paid for the full version ?

Yes I paid.

I find all the technical stuff a little mind boggling at times. :)

There is a xampp on windows guide there, just follow it step by step and you will be fine.

Just out of curiosity, what hardware are you planning on running it on and how much bandwidth have you got ? It start indexing the larger groups like a.b.nl and a.b.boneless then you can easily use up hundreds of GB a month.

There is a xampp on windows guide there, just follow it step by step and you will be fine.

Just out of curiosity, what hardware are you planning on running it on and how much bandwidth have you got ? It start indexing the larger groups like a.b.nl and a.b.boneless then you can easily use up hundreds of GB a month.

To be honest I am only personally interested in getting Tv shows and the odd film, so mainly new stuff.

I'm running an AMD Quad @3.5ghz with 8gb ram (will be upgrading soon) and I am on a VM 120 meg connection. I've probably got around 8tb of free space at the moment.

I've never had any complaints from VM even though I constantly download over 2.5tb per month.

I was thinking of using my 1and1 account to setup a proper online site, it has unlimited bandwidth and unlimited webspace. But that may come later.

To be honest I am only personally interested in getting Tv shows and the odd film, so mainly new stuff.

I'm running an AMD Quad @3.5ghz with 8gb ram (will be upgrading soon) and I am on a VM 120 meg connection. I've probably got around 8tb of free space at the moment.

I've never had any complaints from VM even though I constantly download over 2.5tb per month.

I was thinking of using my 1and1 account to setup a proper online site, it has unlimited bandwidth and unlimited webspace. But that may come later.

that will be plenty fast enough and I am also on VM so does not seem to be a problem running an indexing site on there. Don't forget if you want to host it then you will need mysql, php and some sort of web server. I have heard of people running newsnab on a pi but you mind that limiting, especially if you have RAR and NFO switched on which I do.

TBH I have found Onemans index to be superb for both sickbeard and couchpotato. My approach is to drop his site down the list for a few places, to alleviate the load. Knowing if I exceed the API limit or NZB isnt there RVIS will pick it up!

thanks. I'm up to around 50 or so users now and the server seems to be OK at the moment. I am planning on a some upgrades when I get a chance (lol) which should allow me add my backfill collection which I have been building up (around 1.5 million NZB) on my test server. Plus I am now indexing most of the major groups inc tv, movies, consoles, apps, books

Check this : Usenet Special Offers And Coupons – UsenetReviewz you will find all you need about new and old nzb'sites. There are free ones like nzbplanet.net and vip only like nzbsrus.com, you will find a review about all of them. What you wont find is an invite for members only like nzb.su or dognzb.cr. I'll be glad to get an invite for one of them as a backup if one more of my favorites goes down. Do you know somebody who could send me one?

Back