Android IPTV Box - Which One To Get????

tross

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been thinking of getting an Android IPTV Box but as I've no experience of them I am very confused when it comes to which type to get and everyone seems to have a different opinion. I want the box to watch streaming content such as TV, movies and sport as well as being able to use it to browse the internet. I'm thinking of taking out a sub with an IPTV provider but I need to get a box first.
I've have seen these two boxes which both have XBMC pre-installed and am looking if anyone has used any of them and are they any good.

Any advise on these or another type of box would be greatly appreciated.
Tross

Last edited by a moderator:
The Xunity box looks good but it's a bit pricey.

The xunity like many others cost more because they run there own software on generic re-badged units that are all produced in the same factories in china.
Theres nothing wrong with that as the software produced is vastly superior to chinese software roms, or brushes as they call them.
I would avoid the generic ebay sellers promising the earth as most only sell a generic box and stick xbmc on and think thats ok, then people get issues with lip sync, no audio passthrough, rebooting etc, the other annoying thing is the adverts that say full 1080p decoding when in fact they upscale to 1080p from 720p....

I'd go for a branded unit with there own software. I looked at the xunity but there last one annoyed many people as they waited months for there box to arrive, some never got theres and had to be paid back.

I went for an arcatrom arc4, never looked back.

Back