AMIKO shd-8900 Cross epg setup

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to set it up on this box on e2?

I can do it on a vu solo no probs but, I'm stuck with this.

When I initialise the stick it doesn't finish and how do I mount the stick?

I'm using HDMU image. I noticed people using pkt, Is that a better image?

I once installed a hd freaks image but the remote did not respond or the box to the button presses.

Thanks

I prefer pkt but hdmu good too
have you tryed this open telnet and

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1 cd /autofs/sda1 mkdir movie

yea thats what i had to do to setup hdd in HDMU image seemed to stall at 50% when initializing hdd worked in PKT image which i put a link too in my guide thread

I've currently got the PKTEAM Nebula v3 mod by vardan85 image installed and overall it's working fine - but there are certain sound issues that keep cropping up when switching between channels. Putting the box into standby and then back on again solves the audio issues temporarily but is annoying.

Generally thus far, I've only found 2 enigma images that installed and worked with the remote control on the 8900
the vardan85 one and Enigma 2 HDMU mod by logotip1

The logotip1 version was initially all in ukrainian, and despite finding the menu option and switching to english, there was still a lot of ukrainian text floating around in certain screens.

I did previously manage to get a different HDMU image installed but the remote control didnt work with it at all.

Tried the SatStation beta that said it was specifically for 8900 butdespite appearing to install ok, it didnt boot.

So back on vardan85 for the moment despite the sound issues.

If anyone has any suggestion for the sound issues or knows of another image that works well with the sdh 8900 i'd be interested in trying another image to see if it sorted the sound issues

What sound issues where there? and has anyone got a cross epg version working with it yet?

I dont really know this box but do you want this to work with E2 or Spark ?

has anyone tried this one?

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-268_sh4.ipk
    530.4 KB · Views: 15
I managed to do it quite simply by using the built HDMU plug ins :)

What sound issues where there? and has anyone got a cross epg version working with it yet?

On changing channel (not everytime, but most times) the audio becomes crackly and distorted, especially at the high end.

Quickly flipping the box into standby and then back on solves the issue on that channel - until you change channel again and then it's the same all over again.

Spark side seems fine so my feeling was that it was Enigma2 image related - but despite a lot of googling I'm not seeing others reporting the issue.

Had limited success with getting any other image to install other than the vardan85 one.

That image is working fine in all other areas, it's just this annoying sound issue - really furstrating

My box is has been thoroughly abused and I love it ......sort of.......

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

My box is has been thoroughly abused and I love it ......sort of.......

Which Enigma2 image are you running? just out of interest - any issues/ problems with the image you are using?
Thanks

I'm out at the moment ill post properly when I'm in:)

Im using the HDMU current image and it seems very good. Nice and fast although im still having trouble using it as a pvr although it may well be the hard drive.

Back