Amiko Alien 2 - worth buying?

thanks for everybody's advice i think im going to get the alien 2 in the next few days

is this box good for stream ?

what the best price for it

Last edited by a moderator:
well now im undecided again. planned on getting the alien 2 but now wondering if the extra money for the vu solo 2 would be worth it? it doesnt run spark does it but it runs all the plugins unlike the alien 2 .... just undecided

well now im undecided again. planned on getting the alien 2 but now wondering if the extra money for the vu solo 2 would be worth it? it doesnt run spark does it but it runs all the plugins unlike the alien 2 .... just undecided

Yes it does and it streams to your Mobile,Lappie,ipad,tablet etc very easily

Yes it does and it streams to your Mobile,Lappie,ipad,tablet etc very easily

I like my alien box...................nice and fast and stable when you get the right image..........

Oh and they run cool out of the box.............

You really do have to play around with images though.........

well what are the advantages of the vu solo 2 ? all i read is people laughing at the alien 2 and saying its junk compared to the vu+ range but then i hear vu solo 2 owners disgruntled complaining about it....

heres what i want from a new box:

1. the ability to easily stream to a pc, preferably to be able to watch one thing on the pc while the mrs is watching somethign else downstairs

2. a neat image with picons and a slick look (something the technomate 5402 doesn't do with its 1992 s*y box menu look)

3. fast glitch free channel zapping

4. no motor problems when changing satellites

5. a sensitive blind scan but one that works (again the 5402 faisl big time on this)

6. a decent PQ

so with all the additions that both the alien 2 and the vu solo 2 offer along with my list here the question is would you go with the amiko or the mammoth price of the solo 2 ?

cheers everyone btw

I've never used a Vu machine but I guess the broadcom soc gives variety in use of images and build quality is no doubt superier. The Alien 2 is a nice little box however with most functions you could want and doesn't have the likes of TM poking it, or its reputation about with a shitty stick.

SH4 means you have less images and have to look about for some plugins, but they do exist and they do work. Like any box you need to figure out what functions you need and how much you're prepared to spend.

Spark I could live without now E2 is stable for me and HDMU images are quality, but it's a promising platform, and with the new Optibox broadcom dual boot boxes you have another budget option if you can't be bothered to look in the right places for your plugins or be spoon fed into the pen by the mighty Evil Galactic VixAlliance ;)

Very good box is Spark GM990 reloaded. With HDMU img the box flaying ! very fast!

I have the alien 2 and I find it a great box. Running Spark and Enigma2 (AR-P). Couldn't recommend it enough...

Back