Amazon Prime & Lovefilm (Soon to be Amazon Prime Instant)

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
In 5 days time Amazon are re-branding Lovefilm Instant to Amazon Prime Instant just as they do in the states.
they are also offering the same service to Prime members where you get it as part of your Amazon Prime subscription.

Currently it is £49 a year but this is set to rise in 5 days time to £79

So, if you sign up now you will save £30 and get Amazon Prime (Next Day delivery for free and Sunday delivery in some areas), Kindle Lending Library, Discounts on baby stuff as well as the Lovefilm service.

I've been using Prime 'free trials' on various accounts and really rate it for next day delivery especially now that Amazon do charge for some items under £10 (No Super Saver on some items unless you spend over the £10).

Probably won't appeal to most and for those who have a subscription ending soon you will be annoyed of the increase unless you opt for pay monthly, which does not give you the video option.

Just to confirm it is the 26th February this starts. So I am holding off until the 25th to buy it (to get those few days extra).
You can then cancel the automatic membership renewal so that it does not renew next year - it is already quoting the £79 fee, unless you want to continue with it but by then the wife's account will be ready for another trial

30 day free trial now available, which also "locks in" the above £49 offer price.

Just thought i would point out.
Ive been a prime member for years and was very unhappy with this price increase for a shoddy service called love film (no android streaming, or google tv streaming - our chosen devices).

I emailed them out of disgust letting them why i will no longer be renewing my membership - and quite frankly a 60% increase is disgusting no matter what they offer.
The got back to me and have agreed to honor my previous price of £49 from july when my prime expires.
So if your already a prime member get a email out to them!!!

Interesting. I'd assumed you could still be able to get Prime without the Video service, but this isn't the case. Those already on a £49 plan will get a free upgrade, and the Amazon UK Prime FAQ makes it clear it's all or nothing come renewal. (Although it will be possible to get Video only for £5.99/m.)

In the US they were offering a 2-tier service, i.e. you could still get Prime without Instant Video. Just checked and Prime only is no longer available there either.

No interest in Lovefilm, so I'll be ditching my subscription when it expires in December.

I think they've shot themselves in the foot with this move.

Back