alternative to vu+ recievers

just tried to order a

Zgemma Star H1 Twin tuner digital satellite + cable receiver S2+ C

but say not Not available at mobi t the mo was looking forwards to getting will just have to wait a bit longer

vu ultimo surely.
its a bit more than 150 quid, but it's very customisable.

vu ultimo surely.
its a bit more than 150 quid, but it's very customisable.

You can get a vu solo se or zero cheaper than a ultimo..both are more powerful both single tuner and a quarter of the size..
Unfortunately ultimo has had its day...

triple tuner though. 2 for sat and one extra. I know the solo 2 can use a usb tuner, and has m uch better specs, but the ultimo ticks loads of boxes.

triple tuner though. 2 for sat and one extra. I know the solo 2 can use a usb tuner, and has m uch better specs, but the ultimo ticks loads of boxes.

Sorry I read it wrong.durrrr I was thinking of uno...
Yes your right and yes vu boxes are good...the new solo se has plug and play tuners also so you can switch tuners from sat to cable but as you say ultimo has this..it was a good box in its day but there are a lot of now cheaper and more powerful boxes out there...my box of choice though will always be a vu...
I think in my time I brought and sold most makes of boxes as I just have to try them but always come back to vu.
Been testing Zgemma s2 for a few days and can not knock it I have tried everything to mess it up but it did everything fine..fast channel zapping it records to usb hard drive and plays back great as well..brill for 77 quid.

just tried to order a

Zgemma Star H1 Twin tuner digital satellite + cable receiver S2+ C

but say not Not available at mobi t the mo was looking forwards to getting will just have to wait a bit longer

Keep checking back for when they restock..he has sold out his stock as its £20 cheaper than else where..
If your desperate there are loads on fleabay but priced at £97...contact them and ask when they will have them in stock.

thank ajt I rung him up this morning and he change his sight so I could preoder one witch I have now order how long does it normaily take from them think irl be happy if I get it bye this time next week

thank ajt I rung him up this morning and he change his sight so I could preoder one witch I have now order how long does it normaily take from them think irl be happy if I get it bye this time next week

Got mine next day delivery but was in stock..I don't know when they will be back in but if your here in the UK your get it the next day he does..

Hi Everyone, Just got one of those zgemmas star 2s , so now the questions , what is the first thing I must do ? (plz don't state obvious turn on
loll.gif
) after doing that then what?? Do I make a back up of whats on and then put the new version flash openvix -Apollo 153 ? I don't know whats on box because I need to get another lead from dish for tuner B, just gathering info ready for switching on , Whats the best Image ?? so many questions
loll.gif
looking forward to all the Info. Whats the best image ? I want the s*y skin but not sure whos is ok is there a difference ? I will be getting a USB 500gb external Hard Drive
Cheers

Hi basically after you have turned it on i assume its running openatv..
now you can stick with that because its a genuine image and can be updated or use a patched vix image from zgemma downloads you can NOT update a patched image..but there really is no need once its set up and running...depends what you prefer..me i like openvix its nice and easy to set up and use....once you have your image first thing is get box connected to net either via ethernet or usb wifi adapter..
once connected to net you can then navigate through menus to plugins/feeds menu to download and install picons,skins.softcams etc..and go from there..
you can install BLUEHD skin from feeds using vix or atv image.

To Flash

1) Extract the downloaded file and copy the zgemma folder to your fat32 formatted usb drive.
2) Turn off your zgemma box.
3) Insert your USB pen drive in the Back usb port of your zgemma.it will only flash from back port.
4) Power up the box and allow it to boot up – This should take between 3-15 minutes to flash and MAY say FLASH on front when flashing. occasionally when flashing the front panel may remain blank, just give it 15 minutes in case as IT MAY STILL BE FLASHING.

NB If the box boots straight up without flashing it's usually down to a usb drive formatting

images from here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Cheers AJT , Ive not turned it on yet waiting for another cable so I can use A,B tuner so I can record , once its hopefully all running do I put my external Hard Drive in the Rear USB and the USB Stick in The Front one or just use the 500gb h?drive in the rear ? I have a CCam.cfg whats the easiest way of putting it on the zgemma?
Cheers

Cheers AJT , Ive not turned it on yet waiting for another cable so I can use A,B tuner so I can record , once its hopefully all running do I put my external Hard Drive in the Rear USB and the USB Stick in The Front one or just use the 500gb h?drive in the rear ? I have a CCam.cfg whats the easiest way of putting it on the zgemma?
Cheers

If you do not have a ccamfg file you will need to create one or if your running openatv image as soon as you install a ccam it inserts a sample config file in usr/keys and you can delete everything on sample and insert your own personal info.
if your doing alot of recordings then you will need to set up a usb hard drive..i have a 500gb hard drive in a single usb lead caddy connected to rear port and it works great i use the front usb for my wifi adapter.
you can use a flash drive also to record onto just make sure what ever you use you format to faT32 first

for transferring files from computer to box i always use dreambox control center but you could use any programme capable of FTP but dcc works perfect for me..its available in downloads just unpack download run dcc put in the IP address of your box and connect to it and using left column to navigate to usr/keys and in right column navigate your computer files for the files to ftp over like ccamfg highlight files to send over and click on little arrow pointing over to box side..your see what i mean when you use dcc.

How to use Dreambox Control Center?

full tutorial here:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Just ordered an H1 - i assume its the same setup for cable as for sat?

Back