Alloy Wheel

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi looking for a wee bit of advide, i have an 02 Fiesta with the standard Fiesta alloy wheels and the other day it was completely flat so blow it up and go the local tyre guy who checks it over speand 10mins looking and says there is no puncture but says my alloy is powdering on the inside causing air to escape, i know nothing about cars. Is this something that happens and how do I fix it and any ideas on costs would be great

I've no idea whether his info is bollox or not, but the easiest way to check would surely be take the wheel off the car, and submerge it in water to see where the air is coming out?

when your wheels where new they had a special coating on them to protect them from scuffs however with age the paint cracks and stops your tyre from sealing. what you need to do is take it to a tyre fitter and they will remove the tyre from the wheel. after that they will lightly grind the rim inside and then re seal your tyre.good luck hope this works for you.

they guy took the tyre off and put a white wax like paste around it and said it should last 6 months

the paste is what they use to seal it should be ok now. dont know how the guy could put a 6 month time limit on the wheel though.

Back