All advent vega owners vegacomb 3.2 out build 5 & 6 out

build 9n OUT NOW!!!! (USB Host working, yay :) )

(do a titanium backup first to save all current apps and data, as full wipe needed)

System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you haev them.
Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :p
Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools (created by Eduardo) which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.

hiya, im still on build 8.1, whats best way to update from thaT ? do i have to go back to modded stock rom v2 and then install build 9 or is there a updater from build 8 ? thanks

Hi dilly, yes mate only way is to do a full install. I just went from modded stock to build 9. Back all your apps up with t.b and then your old to go:-D

sent from my vegacomb 3.2

hiya, i did it late last night but i just did a update from build 8.1, i used the build 9n and updated threw recovery, then once on build 9n i used the build 9n update 2 file to upgrade again threw recovery, glad it went ok lol,

Did it update ok dilly without doing any wipes? Also how is your battery life with vegacomb, if you don't mind asking?

hiya, yes it updated fine lol, no problems at all, everything still on it, to be honest i havent been on it much lately, niot heavy usage so batteries been lasting ages, hardly loses anything overnight, but i havent been giving it heavy use like i said so cant 100% comment on battery life sorry, thanks

hiya, just boutr to update to build9n update 3, but have quick question as ive forgot now lol, when updating using the update file, do you have to wipe anything, as in wipe cache or anything like that ? i know you dont wipe your apps etc but i havent been wiping cache (i think its called that) in recovery menu but got a feeling im meant to of been, casn anyone just refresh my mind please ? thanks

I did not wipe any thing with update 3 ,just installed over build 9 & worked fine.

I did not wipe any thing with update 3 ,just installed over build 9 & worked fine.

hi thanks for reply mate, i had feeling i wipe dalvik cache or something like but must of been wrong lol, just had little niggling in the back of my mind so thought id ask, thanks

No probs, i do as a rule, do the three wipes but it did'nt say in the post over on tabletroms.

Did it update ok dilly without doing any wipes? Also how is your battery life with vegacomb, if you don't mind asking?

Hiya, been using my Vega alot lately so thought I'd let you know bout my battery on vegacomb and have to say its excellent, its lasting for ages, hours I would say, brilliant, are you having trouble with yours or something it not lasting long?

Don't know if any vega owners are still out there but there is another good custom rom just been released over at tabletroms: [ROM] Honey Ice

been running beta 2.2b since it came out last night, although had a bit of a problem with my ext2 partition, so since I had everything backed up with titanium started from scratch - vegacomb 3.2 9n -> update3 -> honeyice 2.2b, running sweet as a nut at the moment.

Oh and now clocked to 1.2Ghz :)

Back