All advent vega owners vegacomb 3.2 out build 5 & 6 out

im presuming this means its not a beta version any more ? ive only updated my vega from corvus5 to corvus5 sp1 so wasnt very hard, is this hard to put on ?

Morning dilly , No mate, if you have put corvus5 on then you should not have any problems with vegacomb. Just make sure you go to a the original rom ,you know the one from advent,which i think is 1.10, then install modded stock then install vegacomb 3.2 test build 5 or 6 from clockwork recovery. Just to be on the safe side dont go from corvus5 . That vega tools is a good program i have used it as well.

I don't think you will regret going from corvus to vegacomb 3.2 im loving it at the mo. There are a couple of things that don't work thoe , There is no blu-tooth or camara as they don't work in this build. Good luck with the flash , post to say how you got on.

P.s that is a good guide to follow :)

so i follow that guide i posted but i have to put original advent rom on first ? i dint bother last night it was too late and if anything had gone wrong id have to stay up until it was finished lol, cant leave things me,

ive got the original vega rom on it now and just trying to get the modded stock rom on it, but ive got it stuck in recovery mode i think, see i clicked to unistall the nvidia stuff threw vega tools but it dint seem to uninstall properly i dont think, so i tried connecting vega to pc and get into recovery mode for the new apx device, and it should come up unknown dev ice cant find drivers but it dint, so i click on safely remove apx device on pc, as i dont think i had done it right until that point, but now cant turn vega on or anything lol, anyone help?

hi, right ive managed to get vegacomb on, apart from that little problem at the beginning it want to bad, that guide is very good credit to the guys who have wrote it, only had it on for 5 mins and must say it seems alot faster, looks good aswell i think, somethign ive noticed though is recovery isnt in the applications part, do i need to add that manually ? clockworkmod recovery, also theres no rom manager on like i had before with corvus5 sp1, not sure if they should be on as still very new to all this, thanks

hi, right ive managed to get vegacomb on, apart from that little problem at the beginning it want to bad, that guide is very good credit to the guys who have wrote it, only had it on for 5 mins and must say it seems alot faster, looks good aswell i think, somethign ive noticed though is recovery isnt in the applications part, do i need to add that manually ? clockworkmod recovery, also theres no rom manager on like i had before with corvus5 sp1, not sure if they should be on as still very new to all this, thanks

from what i remember from previous vegacomb it was in the powermenu, hold power for a couple of secs.

(they may have changed it since not read the release notes from the new versions)

yes ive just shut my vega down now and noticed it said recovery, so thats where it must be,
really liking this vega comb, i thought corvus5 sp1 was good and pretty quick, but vegacomb is lightning fast compared to that lol, glad i got it now, cant go wrong for the money they are, thanks

or there was something ive been meaning to ask , does anyone know the website "tvcatchup.com" ? ive been trying to get that to work on my vega but doesnt seem to be having it, has anyone got it working on this vegacomb rom ? thanks

Last edited:
what do we do with this then? Do I have to flash back to the modded stock from or is this a update like when I was on corvus5 and I updated to corvus5 sp1? If its the update one do I do it how I did the Corvus update? The details I got off you daveleebond? Thanks

it should be the same, download the 6 to 7 update, copy to root of SD, choose flash zip from file, pray :)

cant believe how speedy this is and one of the devs said faster than his transformer!

Hope you was joking about the pray part lol, I no I ant had my Vega long but going from corvus5 to vegacomb its like a whole new machine into it, so fast its great -think I'll have ago at updating this tonight,

hi, i went to the site and got the updater file, it said on the website to clean/wipe cache so i did that, then just went to install zip file from sd card, loaded it very fast, rebooted and all running fine, looking forward for my new 16g sd card to get delivered now and i can get it set up properly, get loads of apps etc, it really is so much faster, really glad i went for the vega now, think its really good, thanks for the help everyone,

hiya, i seen a you tube video the other night when vegacomb build 6 was posted and it showed a guy showing you the vegacomb in action, one of the big things he said he wanted to show us was bbc iplayer working with flash player on the bbc iplayer website, anyway he went to it and it loaded the video, after i updated i went to bbc iplayer and it said i dint have flash player installed, so i installed it but it still isnt working, i thought he said flash player was already on vegacomb from installation, has anyone got bbc iplayer working on there vega ?

hiya, i seen a you tube video the other night when vegacomb build 6 was posted and it showed a guy showing you the vegacomb in action, one of the big things he said he wanted to show us was bbc iplayer working with flash player on the bbc iplayer website, anyway he went to it and it loaded the video, after i updated i went to bbc iplayer and it said i dint have flash player installed, so i installed it but it still isnt working, i thought he said flash player was already on vegacomb from installation, has anyone got bbc iplayer working on there vega ?

working fine for me, had to install flash from the market. May have also rebooted since.

il try uninstalling flash then, rebooting, installing flash again and then rebooting again and see what happens, would like bbc iplayer working, would like that site called tvcatchup.com working aswell but that isnt working for me either, ive tried the ipad part of the site and that doesnt work either, can anyone test that for me and see if its working for you ? thanks

hi, yep all sorted now, it said i had flash player 10.5 installed but wnet to the market as i was sure it was 10.3 that was there and it was, so not sure what had happened, so uninstalled and rebooted and installed 10.3 flash player, rebooted, then bbc iplayer worked straight away, also tv catchup site works aswell which i couldnt get that working at all before on corvus5 or build 6 of vegacomb, whether it was me doing somethign wrong im not sure, but again well pleased with vegacomb and the advent vega, its brilliant

Build 7 out:) [ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 7

VegaComb 3.2 Build 7 Features:

Issue with the Browser not correctly setting and saving the UA string has now been resolved. Sites like BBC iPlayer should now stop redirecting you to the wrong version of the site.
Issue where the market was charging people in dollars has been fixed.
Certain apps not showing in the Market (Like MyPlayer and ITV Player) has now been resolved.
Microphone is now fixed! Voice search, voice chat etc will now work correctly.
OpenVPN support has been added (thanks for the nudge Scanno! :p)
Issue where the RTC (clock) would not correctly keep time updated when the tablet was either off or sleeping should now be resolved.
Issue with Alarms not working correctly should now be resolved.
Potential fix to the Accelerometer Lag issue, as part of this, the Lock Rotation switch on the top of the tablet has been disabled. Please report back and let us know if this has helped accelerometer responsiveness in games!
Again, more stuff I've probably forgotten :p

There's also a update out for Bluetooth fix,go down the list in the link at the end of my post and its the one with the bt update zip at the end ofit' I just put it on root of my SD card , rebooted into recovery. Wiped cache and then choose update from zip file on SD card,guys on xda forum say its all working fine.
[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 7 - xda-developers

Back