Alcohol?

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it that, you can have a slightly different head on (effect) with different drinks, ie, Lager/ Cider, Whiskey/ Vodka/ Gin
Surely they should be the same, if the alcohol % is the same? :)

But i know lads who get nasty, if they drink Cider, but ok with Lager??

I get what your saying. I’m neither up nor down with jack d or tenents lager. if I drink any other spirits or carling lager I get a Cnut of a hangover.

Cider gives me a different hit the same as a bottle of dog , strange when you think it should all be the same by Vol

Cider gives me a different hit the same as a bottle of dog , strange when you think it should all be the same by Vol

One of my older friends in the club told me to "BOST" my bottle of Dog into a pint glass to degas it. It does make it nicer.

I think it's a combination of sugar content and carbonation that gets you pissed quicker.

Spirits are relatively slow absorbers.

The lads in the club and local pub used to call the brown ale kid back in the day lol

Nice drink but got me well fooked over 8 bottles pmsl ;)

The lads in the club and local pub used to call the brown ale kid back in the day lol

Nice drink but got me well fooked over 8 bottles pmsl ;)

I've had a snakebite make from White Lightening (the older 9% one) and Special Brew LMAO.

I've had a snakebite make from White Lightening (the older 9% one) and Special Brew LMAO.
My brother was a serious Alcoholic 20 years ago.
His first drink of the day was Special brew and Diamond white... i dont know how he did it.
I can drink JD all night and feel fine, then all of a sudden wham...im falling over hedges 🤣

Special Brew is quite nice, as long as it is cold. Don't try drinking pints of it...

Why is it that, you can have a slightly different head on (effect) with different drinks, ie, Lager/ Cider, Whiskey/ Vodka/ Gin
Surely they should be the same, if the alcohol % is the same? :)

Absorption rate will differ.

Correct - @Spectre It is to do with concentration that affects the body way more than 'alcohol by volume'? A 7% beer will hit your system - and hence blood concentration and its effects on the brain - way quicker and with more strength than two 3.5% beers. You are drinking a lot more water with the same amount of alcohol.

I'm told a good hangover cure is to drink a few pints of water after your session - don't know anyone who does that though.

Im lucky, not had a hangover for 40 years and it's not for lack of alcohol. Wife and friends hate me next morning after a good party.😁😁

Back