Advice Re:- VPN please

Davey_H

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening guys, I have just received an email off newsdemon offering me slick VPN access for $3 a month instead of $15 dollars, would it be worth me getting it??

I know that will supposedly mean I can surf anonymous, but I havent the foggiest how to do that and allow me access to blocked websites for other countries.
Do I need it? is it a good thing to have???
Here is copy of email:-

Get Discounted VPN For Only $3.00 A Month
We truly appreciate your support and loyalty as a NewsDemon.com Newsgroups member. As a token of our appreciation, we're offering our popular VPN feature for only $3.00 a month (First 30 Days FREE!!).

Add On The SlickVPN Service to your existing account and receive:

Unlimited Access to Our VPN Servers with PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP, Windows and OSX Support

Choose an Annoymous IP Addess from over 80+ Cities in 30+ Countries

Public WiFi Security, Prevent Data Theft, Unblock Websites, More

Works on Desktop, Tablet and Mobile Devices. ONLY $3.00 A MONTH!!!*

*For the lifetime of the account
This VPN Special Pricing is only available for a limited time. Get advanced security, protection and surf online annoymously with SlickVPN services for only $3.00 to your existing account AFTER THE FREE 30 DAY TRIAL. CLICK HERE

To access this special, login to your Newsdemon account. On the top of the page, you'll find the link to sign up for the free trial and only be billed $3.00 a month if you wish to continue. Members can cancel at anytime without penalty
Get Unlimited VPN Access For $3.00 A Month For The Lifetime Of The Account!

Sounds too good to be true to me.

Regards

Dave H

Depends what you want VPN for - access to Global Netflix - there are better services; but for anonymising or lesser known geo tagged content VPN can be useful, but generally the expat TV VPN services provide a DNS relay based solution.

Cheers sigpark, I still dont know if it would be good for me though?, but for $3 a month I thought it might be.
I will have to do some reading. LOL

NP - there are fre VPN services, but generally they are slow - bets to do reading and figure what you want to use for. ATB

It may be worth it you are on VM now they have changed traffic management again.

Let me know how you go - if enough people buy in maybe they won't bother me with their bullshit ;)

Seriously, there are many ways to get to what you want at zero cost...

Our New Traffic Management Policy - Help & Support Forum

Some examples of how one of our customers might be traffic managed:

Customer One downloads more than the threshold for their tier of service and is traffic managed for the following 60 minutes. They notice that their speed has dropped due to traffic management and reduce what they’re doing straight away. At the end of the 60 minutes they exit traffic management and their broadband speed returns to normal.

Customer Two downloads more than the threshold for their tier of service and is traffic managed for the next 60 minutes. They carry on using their connection so heavily that their total usage triggers the 120 minute policy and a further reduction in speed. They then reduce what they are doing and 120 minutes after the second policy threshold was triggered they exit traffic management and their broadband speed returns to normal.

Customer Three downloads more than the threshold for their tier of service and is traffic managed for the next 60 minutes. They carry on using their connection so heavily that they trigger the 120 minute policy and a further cut in speed. If this customer doesn’t reduce what they’re doing they will carry on triggering repetitions of the 120 minute policy until their last traffic management session ends, which may be during the off-peak period. Only then will they exit traffic management and their broadband speed return to normal.

I'm also with NewsDemon and decided to give it a go. I'm with VM on the 100mb service, usually get around just over 12mb/s on newsgroups. When using their VPN I was averaging around 11mb/s so not too bad :).

Back