ADVICE - Backing up my Blu Ray Collection ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Planning on getting a LG BH10LS38 Blu Ray reader/Writer to back up my collection of 3D Blu Rays and to burn for family/friends.

Is there a way to copy the the image in a compressed format without losing quality and still be able to burn back ?

Only have a small HDD an some films are 50G !!!!

What software would you recommend as not burnt a disc for years....lol

Cheers

Best way is to rip them of to .MKV the kid next door has done a few of his for is, I will ask him what software he uses when he pops in after tea.

Does that reduce the filesize ?

What about burning them back, will you lose quality ??

Cheers

He paid for DVDFAB 8.1 bluray ripper, I have a cracked version of 6.1 that only rips blu ray to bluray, it wont convert bluray to .mkv looks like you need to find 8.1 he said its quite fast aswell.

Attachments

• DVDFAB 8.1.JPG
    DVDFAB 8.1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
Ive just installed that Dvdfab 9 it is 100% safe and works great little prog of course I read the 300 feadback comments before I installed it....... :eek:}

DVDFAB  9.JPG

Anytime you reduce file size you will lose quality but tbh unless you are watching it back on a monster screen then at 10 to 12GB size you won't notice too much difference.

I download movies from torrens of a uploader called YIFY his BR Rips are only like 2GB and the quality is really good, he quashes them to mp4 and I was shocked at how clear they are even on a 60 Inch plasma, I used to only download mvk files but mp4 files can be just as good....

What i do is rip as a iso file with dvbfab 8.1.2.5. leave it on your hard drive and can rip it to any file you want to, and you still have the iso file if you make a mistake

Back