Ads coming to WhatsApp

WhatsApp is my main app but also like telegram. Just doesnt seem to be as popular yet.

It was a matter of time till this happened when facebook bought whatsapp.
I have moved over to telegram awhile ago, as you can be sure when facebook get there hands on anything personal it will not remain personal.
Whatsapp have already been giving access to the so called encrytption messages to the gods above.
whatsapp is anything but secure and now will be dropping adverts into your app, as most if not all whatsapp users enable the mic you cant help think the gods above love facebook. As they are buying and owning evertyhing that is personal to users.
As history has shown.... facebook and anyone associated with them will not respect your privacy.

move to Signal opensource secure and free get signal

Not enough people care about it, so it's not used widely.

@river4ever - Whatsapp cannot be decrypted as it's end to end encryption. If it's a group chat then it can be intercepted, as it doesn't use e2e. However if you and I speak on it, then only you and I can read it.

If you're seriously worried about your privacy, then learn PGP and just encrypt all your messages that way.

I'd take the report with a pinch of salt. If it's e2e then only those involved can view the messages, they're not even stored on servers. And if they are, then they're in encrypted format. So it shouldn't be possible to view them.

Only way that it could be done is either by backdooring the application, which will cause bedlum. Or you add malware to the device so the messages can be read pre encryption. There is an NSO tool that can do it, they were using it against the insurgents, but it has to be installed on the device.

As said, just learn and use PGP if you're that worried about things. For the masses this wont cause a big issue, for the more savvy/privacy conscious people then they'll quickly move from this platform onto the next. I know apple has said they wont allow access, so I dont know how FB/Whatsapp propose to do this.

Back