@admin

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys how does forum or website classification work? Mainly websense. It is blocking this site as it is being classified as games. You can we change tags and make it technology?

They are classified by Websense.

URL Categories

You can add in exceptions to your corporate filter, but you will need to get your company to do it, or rather someone that manages the filter.

Last edited:
Guys how does forum or website classification work? Mainly websense. It is blocking this site as it is being classified as games. You can we change tags and make it technology?

Set yourself a SSH server at home and use Putty to tunnel to it :).

Set yourself a SSH server at home and use Putty to tunnel to it :).

theoretically i can put into the browser settings in the proxy bit my ssh server address rather than the company proxy?

theoretically i can put into the browser settings in the proxy bit my ssh server address rather than the company proxy?

A little more complex, I think you set up Putty to use that proxy. So you end up with a SSL tunnel through their proxy to your home proxy.

You point the browser to localhost as a proxy at work and Putty handles the SSL tunnel to your home SSH server. Browse at work without anyone being able to see what you are looking at but you need to remember to set Firefox up to use the far end DNS as by default it will use local.

Here's some instructions:

buzzsurf.com/surfatwork/

Back