Acer N35 running tomtom 6 problem

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
I currently own a navman pin 570 running tomtom6. which is faultless ;)

I brought a Acer N35 for my dad for Christmas and have put the same tomtom 6 on it. It works great accept when i plan a route the map jumps all over the screen and so do the roads. It like the navigation triangle does not know where it is... I have also tried European maps as its the same. This is so frustrating anyone else had this problem. cheers

I have an acer n35 with tomtom6, the 'navigation pointer' on mine does sometimes put my position as in a field etc.. I am currenntly experimenting to find the best baud rate, so far it appears to be 4800

I have an acer n35 with tomtom6, the 'navigation pointer' on mine does sometimes put my position as in a field etc.. I am currenntly experimenting to find the best baud rate, so far it appears to be 4800
do you think that has something to do with it? I have tried all baud rate and it does the same. As soom as I use the nav software supplied with the pda it works fine. I also tried tomtom5 and it does the same. Problem only seem to be with tomtom :(

With the acer n35 bieng a couple of years old now its a bit slow with Tomtom I found that the screen turns blue whenever you change from a minor road to a major road and vise versa also whenever you veer off route that it sets you up with... I have also read from another forum that it works better with an external antenna that you can pick up relitively cheap on fleabay.... I personally use iGO on my N35.
http://ppcwarez.org/phpBB2/index.php

thats the link to the other forum a lot of goodies there you dont have to join but certainly worth a browse around

How do you rate the acer n35? I can buy one of these but not sure how good/reliable they will be with navigation software as they a bit old. Apart from tomtom does other navigators work ok on this?

Most of the navigation softwares will work on it but the newer TomTom and destinator are a bit slow and glitchy as they require a little more powerful PDA. it generally comes with DestinatorLite which is ok but thats only designed to run on the UK and Ireland I think hence the Lite. I have TT 6.02 installed on mine and Destinator 6 as well as the iGO 2006 which is the one I use as I think for that PDA it is the best, that I have used, lots of maps worldwide but for POI and the speed cams its not as functional as the TT or Destinator.
as I said its all about ones own personal choice get somthing that you are happy with after you tried a few then choose the one you feel happy with.

Acer N35

I've just got a N35 with Destinator Lite running Windows Mobile 2003 will other software run on this or do I need to upgrade to Windows Mobile 5? Can I upgrade to Windows Mobile 5?

Cheers

Hey guys what are the best settings you've found (baud rate etc) to use with TomTom on one of these.The wife has one with destinator on it and doesnt like it much.I'm using TomTom on my Qtek s110 so installed that on the n35 but cant get a gps lock despite using the same settings from that.

Sorry guy's but they all do this with TT6. I've found that they stop jumping if you put them on charge. don't know if it is a charge thing or a software thing.

Back