Browser Accessing folders

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2TB external hard drive which contains in addition to other things my back ups for Outlook email programme and my SSD.

When I went onto the drive today to look for a folder I discovered that half, if not more, of the folders and files are missing even though to my knowledge they have not been deleted.

I have a EasUS Data Recovery programme which I have started but of course if I let it run its course it will find everything on that drive deleted and otherwise and I do not have any storage device that will accommodate what it finds.

Does anyone know if there is a way of recovering the folders and files that are missing from the menu without discovering every file on the drive and trying to decipher them to reinstall the files that although not deleted are not on the menu.

Presently the files shown on the menu amount to around 420GB when I know that in total I have about 1.5TB files on the external drive.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you

regards

As far as I'm aware depending on the software your using, once the huge list of recoverable files has been displayed you can then filter through the results to hone down on the actual files your after. I believe even Recurva will allow you to do this?

It would appear as though the drive has some sort of corruption, and the only way to recover the data would be an entire deep scan of the drives sectors (I use Piriform Recuva)... You will need another drive to copy the recovered data to, You can pick what to restore with Recuva, but folder structure isn't always recoverable and depending on the extent of the damage the files can be damaged too.... I would refrain from using the drive until you have recovered what you need, if Windows can't see the files, it will write over the sectors they occupy, further lessening the chance of recovering any data

Back