A-Z+ Sat Nav (Cabbies Mate) UK Edition

jpowell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help. My dad has literally just got his badge to be a taxi driver and other taxi drivers have been telling him to get this special satnav called the A-Z+ Sat Nav (Cabbies Mate)

I've had a look on the A-Z website and from what I can tell, it differs slightly from a standard SatNav (e.g. TomTom) is that is comes pre-loaded with the following:

Sygic Drive Navigation software, a super-scale central London Map, draws a direct line between current location and destination (taxis are meant to take the most direct route), Switch from A-Z maps to Navigation maps, A-Z+ Navigation System, Tele Atlas UK Mapping and A-Z mapping

Anyways, it looks like the right kind of tool for the job, but it costs £325!

It got me thinking whether or not I could just buy a cheaper non-branded Satnav off ebay for £50 and load the software onto an SD card??

Has anyone tried this AZ satnav before and do they have experience of it?
Can yo get the software for it in the same way that you can get TomTom software?

If not, is there a way I can put these kind of features onto a different software?

Was thinking I could get something similar to this and load onto it?

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-0-Atlas-5-600MHz-CPU-CE-6-0-GPS-MP3-Play-4GB-2010-Map-/190502313979?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item2c5ad29ffb]5.0 Atlas 5 600MHz CPU CE 6.0 GPS MP3 Play+4GB 2010 Map on eBay (end time 17-Mar-11 08:36:27 GMT)[/ame]

Any help would be much appreciated! cheers :)

tomtom seems to be favourite to accommodate hacking as you need to do.
if your dad drives london cabs then the original may be best and eventually cheapest option. if most other areas the most sat navs will be ok. using the "tomtom truck" software you can specify which vehicle to use ,i.e truck/car/taxi etc.
never used taxi one so cant advise.
with truck you need a go 500 seris with sd card slot, 4 gig sd card and software from certain sites.
hope that helps.

Alright bud ask your dad to buy on credit card then work 1 night and he can pay it off next day with no charges.

Back