A few Questions

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am very new to using the dreambox Dm500s and just have a few questions to ask that i have not been able to find answers for. I would be very greatful if anyone could assist in answering a few:

What are the major differences between the various images? Which is better.. Gemini or DW image? what are their pro's/con's?

Also what are the differences between the cams? do others unlock channels which others don't, and which one is the most popular?

Any links/answers are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
The major differences between the images i have found is some are much more accomplished than others, easier to use, some will have plugins cams which are bang up to date and updated regularly, some freeze up others dont some boot quicker than others too ive found.
In short there is no perfect best image, theres just a best image for you, try a different image regulary and you soon find favourites.
Cams are used for different channels , or c/s or whatever you want really, again just pick the best ones for you m8.
There is loads of info on the net just put key words in google soon find more than you need.
Hope this helped m8.

cool... Thanks...

Just out of curiousity, what is your favorite combo... from the reading i have done gemini seems to be up there at the top as it seems to be updated very regularly.

The Pli Image does it for me I have tried the Gemini Image and I had a few problems with it when trying to get all the sats in sync. I have not tried the new Gemini 4 yet they may have fixed the issue in this version

cool... Thanks...

Just out of curiousity, what is your favorite combo... from the reading i have done gemini seems to be up there at the top as it seems to be updated very regularly.

stick to the Gemini image you wont go wrong there m8 iv,e been using it for well over a year with no problems

my dreamboxes have gemini image on them and i use mgcamd as my cam and newcs to work the card reader

Gemini for me too, I think the support is the best with lots of choice and great stability, then change skins to make it pretty or look how you want it to. Everyone has a different preference though, just get whatever you like the look of then test for yourself until you find the best that suits you. :)

....oh yeah, cams also do the same but most popular and fastest supported currently are mgcamd with newcs, and/or cccam.
Some people say Gbox is most popular but in my view thats because its commercial users that could/will take advantage, plus support is very low-key and 'snobish' and in my view its not as fast or stable.

Last edited:
Love PLI and Nabilosat not a great Gemini fan but 2 each his own. CCam-2.0.3. Not sure if these images are available for you dreambox though.

nabilosat images are the boys for me.............by far the best looking,very stable especially the new maxvar images(as it keeps the space used in var folder to a minimum)) and excellent downloadble addons with a excellent support too on the forum

PLI with the Luxsat team utilities plugin 1.4a. Magic !!!

Thanks for all the feedback... i was going to stick with the gemini image and the mdcamd anyway, as the tutorial suggests, but i was just wondering if there is a better combination for more advanced features etc.

Again many thanks for all the contribution!

Back