800 and USB Stick

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Is it possible to play movies from a USB stick in the back of a 800? I put a memory stick in but it said 'GStreamer AVI muxer plugin missing' Can't find a plugin of that name?

cheers

Yes I've got this exact issue when trying to play Divx across the network and can't seem to find the plugin. Haven't tried that hard mind. Anyone any ideas?

Dont think a DM800HD natively supports DivX..doesnt have hardware decoding for this format.
You can apparently stream via VLC player on a PC though, if you install VLC plugin on the Dreambox. I havent tried this myself but it's supposed to work.

I.e: if you have your movies etc on a PC with VLC player, stream to your tv via the dreambox if VLC plugin installed...So the PC is doing all the decoding...

Last edited:
MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 compatible, H.246, MP3. So .mpg, .mp3 and .vob files should work. Along with image formats such as .jpg etc..

Forgive me but aren't .MKV files H.246? (or is it H.264, I didn't think there were two of these until I googled both and found near the same amount of results for both, weird)

I can't get .MKV to work.

Back