8 way diseqc switch advice

linslademan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking to perhaps add a couple of lnb's to my multiholder which at present has four going to a 4 way switch.
Have seen some cheap 8 way switches between £10 to £12 on fleabay made by GECEN based in Hong Kong. Are they cr-p?
There is also one on fleabay made by Amiko for £25 with UK delivery.
Anyone like to give me personal experience/recommendations on above or any other 8 way switch for that matter.
Many thanks in advance

I cant say how good the switches will be but 6 LNB's on one dish would mean you would be expecting to span a pretty wide arc, you will need a dish of fair size for all the LNB's to receive a good signal.

Hi Jimi,I have a 90cm Gibertini dish and multi holder.(you can see photo on "motorized to lnb problem" thread.
I already have 4 lnbs, 28,23,19 and 13 east connected on this arm and getting excellent signals all all.
I have acquired a narrow feed inverto which I think will slot in between 19 and 13, so that's five.
Ideally, I would like 1 west, and have seen photos of set ups on the web with an extension fitted to this multi holder with up to 8 lnbs, so would like to try that out sometime.

Would think that will be ok the signal from 16e and 1 w is a good one from my location 54.1N 0.2W anyone south of me (Bridlington) should get an even better signal.

Thanks jimi,
I think that I will probably buy the Amiko switch, don't know if I trust anything out of china/hongkong. Quite surprised how few multi switches that are more than 4 way available to buy on fleabay, considering the amount of multi set up photos I have seen on the web.

I have 8 way disecq swiches from china m8(fleabay), four of the buggers to be precise! I have all 8 lnbs connected to four receivers and they are cock on, barely a dbin loss of signal.Mine are 'gastone' branded and work out around 11quid - unless you buy a pack of five in which case they work out cheaper. If you need it I will send you the link

Looking to perhaps add a couple of lnb's to my multiholder which at present has four going to a 4 way switch.
Have seen some cheap 8 way switches between £10 to £12 on fleabay made by GECEN based in Hong Kong. Are they cr-p?
Anyone like to give me personal experience/recommendations on above or any other 8 way switch for that matter.
Many thanks in advance

hello
linslademan

the thing you want to look for is the noise that the lnb is putting out, when looking for a lnb you want one with the lowest noise gain witch is curntly 0.1db for singal lnb and quad and 0.2db for octo lnb ( singal lnb means that its only got one output and quad means that it has four outputs and octo means it has eight outputs, i always use icecrypt for singal lnb's & quads and use inverto for octo but there all prity much the same as long as the noise is low, hears a singal lnb that i use every day for past 10 years with no problems and i fit about 5 per day:

View larger image
ICECRYPT Single LNB 0.1db {LNB/26}

CODE: LNB/26

[Sign in to view price]

In stock: 65 item(s)

Please sign in to buy Add to wish list

Description
Send to friend
Features
Tags
Direct inquiry

*Noise Gain 0.1db

*40mm Feed Diameter

*Ultra Low Power Consumption

*HDTV Ready

*Cold & Heat Resistant

*High Frequency Stability

*Input Frequency 10.7GHz - 12.75GHz

AND
hears the octo lnb

View larger image
Inverto IDL Universal Octo 0.2db LNB {LNB/07A}

CODE: LNB/07A

[Sign in to view price]

In stock: 129 item(s)

Please sign in to buy Add to wish list

Description
Send to friend
Features
Tags
Direct inquiry

DESCRIPTION
This is a high performance low noise octo 40mm LNB

SPECIFICATIONS
Input freq. {Ghz} 10.7-11.7 / 11.7-12.75
LO Freq {Ghz} 9.75/10.6
Polarization Linear Accur & Stab {Mhz} +/- 1
Typical Gain dB 50-65
Noise 0.2dB
Pol. & Freq Band Control 13/18V 22Khz
Image Rejection {dBm} -40
Spurious {dBc} -60
Output Conn 75 ohm F Female
Op Temp -30 to +60C
Power Comsumption 210mA

if you using a octo lnb with a motorised dish you will need to use one that can be externaly powered as most stb's cant power the motor and octo lnb at the same time.
hope this helps and good luck with all your setups.

Many thanks in advance

hello
again

for switches i use televes, there not cheap but with switches you get wot you pay for
hope this helps

I have 8 way disecq swiches from china m8(fleabay), four of the buggers to be precise! I have all 8 lnbs connected to four receivers and they are cock on, barely a dbin loss of signal.Mine are 'gastone' branded and work out around 11quid - unless you buy a pack of five in which case they work out cheaper. If you need it I will send you the link

Cheers mate, link would be nice when you have the time!

I use the Gecen 8 way switch for six satellites on a TD88 dish. Switch works just fine. Got 'em from ebay too, they take a week or two to arrive but they are cheap and they work.
I have two more in the van to expand a pub from 2 x 4way to 2 x 8 way later this week.

For technomate 'and original Dreambox' I have used a Centauri diseqc switch 8/1 which worked very good. not cheap. i do not believe in cheap chinese stuff.
It destroys the EU and Uk market. Mark my words...

Back