4k tv

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I took a look at the 4K TV's from both Samsung and LG a few weeks ago and damn, the clarity of the picture is superb. It's so realistic looking you would be hard pushed if the screen was big enough to think that what was presented in front of you wasn't really there.

LG had their 84" screen on display, whilst Samsung had a 75" screen on display. On the whole I thought the Samsung had better clarity, however LG were demonstrating theirs with an XBox 360, so somewhat of a disadvantage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

[
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sony release their 4K TV in a few weeks and have an 4K movie service you can rent from. Prices in the US are in the region of $7,000 - $8000 for a 55" - 65". Of course Sony are citing this as the next thing for gaming, with the PS4 being 4K ready....

Code:

Code:

I wouldn't mind this guys setup though:

Code:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, age solves many dilemmas.

Except up close, I can't tell the difference between standard and hd, on a 42" set.:)

4k looks awesome! but do you think that it'll become mainstream? Or will it be skipped due to the crazy prices not falling to reasonable points before its superseeded?

4k looks awesome! but do you think that it'll become mainstream? Or will it be skipped due to the crazy prices not falling to reasonable points before its superseeded?

I think it will take some time before it does, for one no provider as yet output's in 4k and the question is if they ever will, so even with a 4k TV what are you going to watch other than pre-set content. Sony are providing Taxi Driver and Battle LA with their screens.....

Prices will always drop over time, but how long is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Above, and availability of content, are the drivers. Widescreen (16:9) made it because old/new format prices differences became
negligible. Same applied to SD and HD, but last time I looked some foreign sat content was still in old 6:4 format.
In the end "coronation street" or similar, is the same, no matter how "good" the picture is. Only purists care very much.
Technology has moved on, but the same old commercial problem remains.

I'd say 4k is still years away from being in most living rooms tv chanels are not even broadcast in 1080p yet I think the ps4 being 4k ready is silly as if a console lifespan is ten years I bet no one will really even have a 4k tv by then

Back