4 Modems, one must have a fix?

MONKey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right here goes. I have got 4 modems here that I have aquired over my time here at DW. I was wondering if any of them can be sorted to work given the current goings on with VM.

The modems I have at my disposal, LOL, are:

Ambit 250 (Running Stealth FW)
Ambit 200 (Running SigmaX 125)
SB4200E (Running the hybrid firmware, can't remember exact one)
SB5100 (Running Sigma RC4, EWWWWW LOL)

From reading around I have found that the 250 can't be restored to Virgin FW, pun intended :)

And I have tried the old way to restore a bootloader to the 200, then flash the downgrade image1.bin to sectors 1 followed by 2 with no luck. I suspect the bootloader was not the correct for a 200 and can't find an origional 200 bootloader anywhere..... It's now back to SigmaX 125.

That brings me to the SB's. Now these can be Blackcat to whatever FW I like so if I flash these back to origional can anything be done with those? However I only have the origional FW for the 4200E.....

:)

My 250 stays on with infinite flash with all the mods in sticky 'protect your 250'

so that should be ok if you have a good mac :)

i only have 250s so i cant coment on the rest.

Yeh I'm still using my 250 running Infinit without any problems....

Change the telnet uid/pwd
Change the serial

That's about it...Altho the snmp response shows it's a clone it's still running fine...I know some peeps are working on changing the snmp on the infinit firmware so it responds as an original modem would...

Already did everything in the stickys, should of stated that earlier I guess.....

Your area's mustn't of had the updates rolled out yet that 'kill' the Infinite's.

Looks like I'll have to try and get hold of a untouched 250 to do it Adams way.

:(

Well they probably would have killed them if I hadn't changed the uid/pwd for the telnet...

Just as well I changed the name and password on my 250 ;)

Ahh well, I'll throw them in the cupboard till a fix is found and try and get hold of an untouched 250.

:)

Back