3D films/tv/youtube

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im totally new to the 3d workd and gonna be ordering my first 3DTV hopefully nextweek and need somethings clearing up.

Im gonna be using my pc with a hd card i will be getting a passive 3DTV and was wondering how content will work when viewing 3d films and youtube on a 3DTV does it automatically detect or will you have to say push a button for the 3d to click in.

And can you view Anaglyph (red/blue etc etc) with a passive tv as im a lil confused as ive been doing alot of reading and some says it can and others says it cant.As i read it is treated like SBS 3d but as i said im brand new the 3d world as i haven't really thought bout it so haven't really read much into it till now.

And one more question can you just use something like media player classic to view 3d films or would i need a new media player?

And sorry one more question how does 360 look with 3D?

Many thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions

I use my pc on my samsung 3dtv with no issues , just remember that you have to name the hdmi input to pc on your 3dtv ( well this is needed on samsung so you get all 3d modes available , not sure about other makes ), you have to turn on the 3d using remote . SBS or over/under are the common formats that films are available in.

a great site for direct downloads is 3D Side By Side Content Movies and Games all in SBS

Thanks very much timekeeper that's cleared up mostly what i wanted to know great help mate :) and thanks so much for that site haven't heard of that one before :)

Back