3.2e needed

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone tell which game has 3.2e update as i need to update 3 consoles to 3.2 to get better backup channel compatability as mario cart is supposed to work and it does'nt also hannah montana and high school musical sing it

edogg

can anyone tell which game has 3.2e update as i need to update 3 consoles to 3.2 to get better backup channel compatability as mario cart is supposed to work and it does'nt also hannah montana and high school musical sing it

edogg

I'm fairly sure Wii Chess PAL has 3.2E on

1) Grab a hold of the recovery disc by bushing. Make sure you get the right one for your region !! There's a link on hackmii.com
2) Grab a hold of wiiscrubber
3) Use wiscrubber to extract the ios30.wad and systemmenu.wad from the recovery disc and put them in the WAD folder on the root of a sd card
4) Start up WadManager
5) Install ios30.wad with WadManager
6) Install systemmenu.wad with WadManager
7) Exit WadManager
8) Check your version in the system setting menu.
9) Conclude you are on 3.2e
10) Congratulate yourself and grab a beer

ok thanks i couldn't find that link but i have found wiisystemmenupdatev290 is that the right one it says to burn it to disc

its ok i just opened scrubber and found the wad files i will now take a deep breath and pray
ok i put the 2 wads into the root directory but the wad manager in your pack only finds the apps you have put in the install i m obviously doing something wrong

i have given up and i am burning the whole disc to a dvd the wad manager i have installed cannot see any other apps than the ones in the kit

Last edited:
the dvd wont run in normal or backup launcher so its back to trying to find another way to upgrade to 3.2e as hannah montana and mario carts guiness bokk of records and various other games that should run wont some do some dont

edogg

ok thanks i couldn't find that link but i have found wiisystemmenupdatev290 is that the right one it says to burn it to disc

its ok i just opened scrubber and found the wad files i will now take a deep breath and pray
ok i put the 2 wads into the root directory but the wad manager in your pack only finds the apps you have put in the install i m obviously doing something wrong

i have given up and i am burning the whole disc to a dvd the wad manager i have installed cannot see any other apps than the ones in the kit

wads go in wad folder m8, not apps

right so i finally got 1 of the wiis to update to 3.2e with the files you said but i still cant run mario cart; hannah montana ;high school musical sing it; and senior year all of which i believe to be scrubbed games so unless anyone knows better scrubbed games wont run

edogg

thanks for your help english

right so i finally got 1 of the wiis to update to 3.2e with the files you said but i still cant run mario cart; hannah montana ;high school musical sing it; and senior year all of which i believe to be scrubbed games so unless anyone knows better scrubbed games wont run

edogg

thanks for your help english

redownload the files in the sticky and reinstall the cios and backup launcher wads , u should be good to go then chap

to english
well i have done that removed all channels redownloaded the sd root ran the twightlight hack installed 1 3 2 and i still cant run mario karts or the others so i am going to leave it at that
the hours we have both spent on it if we was to charge for our time it would have been far cheaper to have them chipped what we do for our grandkids.

so i will try and download none scrubbed versions of the games that dont work thank you english for making the the install so easy

edogg

to english
well i have done that removed all channels redownloaded the sd root ran the twightlight hack installed 1 3 2 and i still cant run mario karts or the others so i am going to leave it at that
the hours we have both spent on it if we was to charge for our time it would have been far cheaper to have them chipped what we do for our grandkids.

so i will try and download none scrubbed versions of the games that dont work thank you english for making the the install so easy

edogg

it shouldnt matter that the games are scrubbed. and i havent got any of those games to try lol

if u need a hand dont be afraid to ask m8 thats wot we are here for :)

btw, u didnt need to do it all again, just run the cios and backupchannel wads thru wad manager to upgrade/reinstall you dont need to uninstall anything first, if you've done the mod and got the homebrew channel on already.

ok thanks still no luck with the following games
big beach sports;boogie;bomberman land;sega bass fishing;fifa 08;family ski;family trainer;hannah montana;hsm sing it;hsm senior year;guiness book of records;more party games;sega tennis super stars;samba de amigo;super smash brothers brawl;tiger woods 08;

all these games are on the same media and burnt at the same speed and work on my chipped wii

the wii are for my grandaughters christmas presents and there parents are going to get verbatum dvds the games that need mikes will not be supplied until they get them

softmod wii wont play +r's unless theyre bookset to -r

they must be because i dont change anything and these games are on the same media and were burnt at the same speed and they do work

carnival games;cooking mama;big brain acadamy;super mario galaxy;harry potter 1;golden compass;rayman raving rabbids;my simms;smooth moves;the simpsons;mario party 8;tiger woods 08;

these games do not work and are on the same medai speed and settings

mario karts ;hannah montana;jenga world tour;sega tennis super stars;tigerwoods 08;samba de amigo;super smash bros dvd5;boogie;game party;more game party;bomber man land;mario party 8;hsm sing it;mario charged football;big beach sports; pes 08;giuness book of records; hsm 3;sports island; sega bass fishing;

edogg

Last edited:
they must be because i dont change anything and these games are on the same media and were burnt at the same speed and they do work

is this machine chipped? if not you've lost me mate, sorry.

the only reason i can see those games not working is you are burning them on plus r's wrong, (you should be using minus r's on a softmodded wii).

and why some games working and some not is u have chipped machine and the chip is not up to date!?

is this machine chipped? if not you've lost me mate, sorry.

the only reason i can see those games not working is you are burning them on plus r's wrong, (you should be using minus r's on a softmodded wii).

and why some games working and some not is u have chipped machine and the chip is not up to date!?

let me start again i have a d2ckey chipped wii on which all the games work I have also been softmodding 3 wiis unchipped all the games are burnt on ritek f16 labelled maxel they are +R's burnt at 2X with imgburn book type changed 1 track reserved = -R

my chipped Wii plays every game there has never been anyway to update the chip on it and it has not needed an update only problem is with the softmods they were all 2.1e and updated to 3.1e softmodded with your pack and every update you did then updated wiis to 3.2e and updated backup loader non of which made any difference to the results.
I am going to buy some verbatum -R's today as that is the only thing that has remained constant is the dvds are the same so perhaps the quality of the ritek f16 varies I have more games that dont work than do

Would be interested to see how this pans out. I have softmodded my Wii and I am rapidly assembling an impressive array of coasters. Is there a link somewhere which shows which games work on softmodded Wii so that I can avoid those that don't. I am on 3.1E, don't know if that makes any difference. I used imgburn on topslice3 yesterday and I get past the loading screens and then it says game disc not recognised - I had kindof assumed that if you got past the first screen it would be okay!

Would be interested to see how this pans out. I have softmodded my Wii and I am rapidly assembling an impressive array of coasters. Is there a link somewhere which shows which games work on softmodded Wii so that I can avoid those that don't. I am on 3.1E, don't know if that makes any difference. I used imgburn on topslice3 yesterday and I get past the loading screens and then it says game disc not recognised - I had kindof assumed that if you got past the first screen it would be okay!

most games work m8 are u burning on +r's?? u should only use -r's or know how to bookset +r's to -r's

redownload the file in the softmod stickie and follow the instructions to upgrade in the second post m8

I'm burning on yellow datawrite -R discs. I will upgrade as suggested and see if that helps. I have got Star Wars to work but I get past the H&S screen and a couple of loading screens and then I get the disc not recognised message! Thanks for your help, as always it is much appreciated.

Back