27.5W clear today?

foxinacaravan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Watching some sport on 27.5 this afternoon the signal faded out and I can't seem to find it again. Moved the dish a couple of times (I'm in a campsite, and possible someone kicked the stand) but no luck, can't even get near a signal. It has been fine since arriving here in Denia last week.
Is anyone else experiencing difficulty today?
Cheers for any help.

Thanks Manic 01. It's just back after 1 1/2 hours (and a lot of dish fiddling). Must have been a sunout as you suggested on my weak signal. First time I've experienced one, but we are under trees here and best signal was 58%. Moved it now a foot or so and have achieved 65% which seems to be about my average for Spain.
Another thing learnt, even at my age!
Cheers.

I got 80% on TM5402 malaga on a crap televes 80cm dish for 27w at friends house.

That is more than I have achieved in campsites, there is always something to cause an obstruction when the dish is on a tripod on the ground. I will have to invest in a meter I reckon, as the signal is very tight. I find 65% is enough to stop any pixelling, but 80 would be brilliant.

I use an Inverto Black Ultra, excellent LNB especially for fringe reception.

Here in Malaga I get around 70% on the M2 with an 80cm Tecatel dish, I will be upgrading to the 1m version soon as high winds play havoc with the signal.

you should get 80+ with that dish & box. DIY install or ex-taxi driver?

Lol, quite right, I get 70% with a cheap Tecatel 80cm.

As I am now the proud owner of a highly sophisticated Satlink WS-6933 (£50 fleabay) I shall be retuning all my local dishes under my new company Dantis Satellite Solutions, fully qualified and professional erections, no job too small, call now..... :pimp:

you should get 80+ with that dish & box. DIY install or ex-taxi driver?

I had enlisted your generous offer of online advice on reception problems in November Trevor. I emailed you 26th December to tell you of my success with problems I had with two tall chimneys in line with 27.5w. These are the cause of my low signal. I had spent weeks fiddling with my DIY motor install. And relied too much on Dish Pointer which pointed me about 20feet too far west. I eventually enlisted the services of the Oyster dish on my motorhome. As 27.5w is not in the Oyster database I pointed to 30w, then nudged a couple of bits left and a nudge down. This confirmed my suspicions about the chimneys. I get 97% on Astra 1:asta: & Hotbird also with Hispasat. And 62% today seems to work for me at 27.5w apart from windy days!

I had enlisted your generous offer of online advice on reception problems in November Trevor. I emailed you 26th December to tell you of my success with problems I had with two tall chimneys in line with 27.5w. These are the cause of my low signal. I had spent weeks fiddling with my DIY motor install. And relied too much on Dish Pointer which pointed me about 20feet too far west. I eventually enlisted the services of the Oyster dish on my motorhome. As 27.5w is not in the Oyster database I pointed to 30w, then nudged a couple of bits left and a nudge down. This confirmed my suspicions about the chimneys. I get 97% on Astra 1:asta: & Hotbird also with Hispasat. And 62% today seems to work for me at 27.5w apart from windy days!

Aha, yes! I remember the chimney scenario :) Did you adjust the skew after HB & Astra 1? As it happens, this (March) is an excellent time of year for checking LOS (line of sight) issues. Around 2:10 pm GMT the sun is pretty much directly behind 27.5°W so look for any shadows visible on the dish face for a guide as to what (if anything) is obstructing your signal.

Back