255 modem flashing help plz

toolzkit

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Trying to flash a 255 using adams tut but having a few probs
Im getting "Console is Disabled by Vendor Profile" in hyperterminal this is using a usb2serial & max232 cable and a laptop everytime I try.
when I connect my 250 with infinite installed it tells me "Scanning DS Channel at 297000000 Hz..."
so Im just wondering if adams tut will work with the 255 or its been bricked ?
any help would be great thanx
toolz

Last edited:
Hi all,
Trying to flash a 255 using adams tut but having a few probs
Im getting "Console is Disabled by Vendor Profile" in hyperterminal this is using a usb2serial & max232 cable and a laptop everytime I try.
when I connect my 250 with infinite installed it tells me "Scanning DS Channel at 297000000 Hz..."
so Im just wondering if adams tut will work with the 255 or its been bricked ?
any help would be great thanx
toolz
check ur connection between the 255 and ur max and make sure ur pressing p fast enough and yes the tut will work on the 255's, webstars and 5101's on original firmware

thanks for the reply m8, how do i stop it Scanning DS Channels on the 250? seams to be in a loop. is this right?

I have checked the connection between the max and the 255 looks good to me...

Last edited:
cd \cm_hal
scan_stop

scanning stopped :)

dont worry that u cant see wot u type all on 1 line... it still works.

cd \cm_hal scan_stop what like this? if this is right it did nothing....where do I type it

try this
cd \cm_hal (press enter)
scan_stop (press enter)

in hyperterminal or telnet.... where ever your seeing the scan.

typed it in hyperterminal still will not stop scanning channels?

PS thanks for the help

typed it in hyperterminal still will not stop scanning channels?
PS thanks for the help

if u typed it exactly as my last post and that didnt stop it i have no idea!! thats the way to stop scanning so u must have a magic modem :)

if u typed it exactly as my last post and that didnt stop it i have no idea!! thats the way to stop scanning so u must have a magic modem :)
then ur rx and tx might be the wrong way round on the modem pin or the Flow control in hyperterminal needs to be set to none like this

Bits per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

if tx and rx where the wrong way round wouldnt there be no output on his hyperterminal screen ?

i doubt that :)
/me goes to try it :)

edit. no output at all with tx and rx swapped.

Last edited:
Back