120mb bb but i get buffering?

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys,ive looked into this some but i just aint getting it,recently got the local upgrade and i can pull down well over 100mb on usenet
yet i click on any video do i have to wait for buffering ,i got a "super"hub but that was shat so thats being used in modem mode with an ASUS RT-N56U ,i just dont get where i should be tweaking/tinketing-i dont ever recall this much buffering when i was on 50mb usig the vm300 and dlink 615.

id go back to using them but the vm300 is apparently only good to 96mb and the router needs gigabit ethernet for full speed

anybody got similar problems or shed any light onto this?

On 50meg, I never had any buffering but on the 100meg, constant buffering streaming videos from bbc iplayer, youtube etc

Shouldn't really have any problems with that set up, your right, your router is
Interface: 1x WAN port, 4x LAN ports for 10/100/1000 BaseT, Port: 2x USB 2.0 ports

So stick with that and the Gigabit ports.

So where does it buffer, the same point on the site, and what site is it? you tube, things like that? Could it be just a network error, how long has this been going on for.?

It would suggest that it's not the hub/modem/router if your getting your 10 meg full speed from newsgroups....what's your ping when you run a speed test.

Could just be a glitch in the matrix today for you, unless this has been happening all the time.

try downloading from microsoft website ,, it has the best server and see if its full speed

Shouldn't really have any problems with that set up, your right, your router is

So stick with that and the Gigabit ports.

So where does it buffer, the same point on the site, and what site is it? you tube, things like that? Could it be just a network error, how long has this been going on for.?

It would suggest that it's not the hub/modem/router if your getting your 10 meg full speed from newsgroups....what's your ping when you run a speed test.

Could just be a glitch in the matrix today for you, unless this has been happening all the time.
pretty much any video i click on be it you tube ,live leak or a trailer from imdb,and happened pretty much since i got faster speed(about 3 months on 100mb 1 week on 120mb), it tends to buffer for an age before it starts,plays for around 30 secs then does it again,no matter the res of the video or the size,the bloody virgin forums are useless too

have you tried turning it all off for a couple of hours ? cable modem at the least

not minutes, but if turned off for a few hours you may get a new ip/link, it may be worth a try

warlord

The problem you will find with faster internet is the websites your visiting are slower. So you are downloading faster than the content can actually stream so your getting buffers. As you say when downloading from usenet etc you can pretty much max out your connection so the problem is with the websites and not your connection.

I am due upgrade to same in July and I will probably have to get a new hdd as I realised my data drive the one I download to is a 2TB 32mb cache 5400rpm and on my 100mb connection I get loads of pauses but on if I change my download destination to my other hdd which is 500gb 16mb cache 7200rpm it doesnt pause. I

Last edited:
Back