11.449 Transponders On 7.3West

killdeer

Inactive User
Reaction score
While browsing another thread regarding the reception of some Jsc Sports channels on 7.3 West, somebody posted that some indeed were receivable in the UK on 11.149H, 27500.

When entering these parameters, I mistakenly entered Vertical instead of Horizontal and got a Signal Quality of 57%. 14 channels were scanned in but none of these related to Jsc Sports. On noticing my error I then scanned in 7 channels with some being Jsc Sports. All well and good I thought although I don't have a card to unscramble them.

Now comes the really strange bit. On looking at the transponder list for this satellite, I could see 11.149H but no sign of its Vertical counterpart. So, once again I scanned 11.149V and as before got 7 channels. But now, 11149H was missing from the transponder list.

On looking at the list of all channels, only the Vertical ones were present but just after rescanning the Horizontal ones, only the Horizontals were there.

What on earth is going on here? I've never met anything like this before.:eh?:

While browsing another thread regarding the reception of some Jsc Sports channels on 7.3 West, somebody posted that some indeed were receivable in the UK on 11.149H, 27500.

When entering these parameters, I mistakenly entered Vertical instead of Horizontal and got a Signal Quality of 57%. 14 channels were scanned in but none of these related to Jsc Sports. On noticing my error I then scanned in 7 channels with some being Jsc Sports. All well and good I thought although I don't have a card to unscramble them.

Now comes the really strange bit. On looking at the transponder list for this satellite, I could see 11.149H but no sign of its Vertical counterpart. So, once again I scanned 11.149V and as before got 7 channels. But now, 11149H was missing from the transponder list.

On looking at the list of all channels, only the Vertical ones were present but just after rescanning the Horizontal ones, only the Horizontals were there.

What on earth is going on here? I've never met anything like this before.:eh?:

Yes mate, very odd - but WHICH frequency are you REALLY discussing here, since in your heading you correctly state '11449' yet in your post you state '11149'? Maybe that's 'partly' why your scan didn't go to plan?
(11449 should be 'H' and 27500)

Apologies mate for those mistakes. As you say and in my title the correct parameters are 11.449H, 27500.

I've just tried repeating what I've said before and yes indeed, 11.449V, 27500 can be scanned in and shows 14 channels. These are not listed in Kingofsat or Flysat!

But stranger than that, why do these channels disappear when I scan in the Horizontal polarity and vice versa.

Surely, there's a logical explanation for this.

Edit. I've just checked further and the 14 channels are actually to be found on 11.430V, 27500.

Last edited:
Are these the channels you get on 11449 V 27500

These are from 11430 V 27500

Dubai TV
Al-Nahar TV +2
Al-Nahar Drama +2
Al Kahera Wal Nas +2
Palestine Live
Majan TV Channel
Azhari TV
Libya Awalan
Sada Elbalad Drama
5 TV Channel
Al Nada TV
Chaîne 1
Chaîne 2
Chaîne 3

Yes Manic, those are the channels.

Still though, I can scan in those very same channels by entering 11449V, 27500.

Then weirdly, they disappear from the end of the channel list when I scan 11.449H to be replaced by the Jsc Sports channels. (and vice versa)

Its a tm anamoly.
Same happens if you scan jsc sport on 13e on the 2 different tp's available.
One will delete the others.

Thanks for clearing that up Manic. It's not a situation I'd come across before. Very strange.

Back