10 Vista Speed Tweaks

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone els noticed how long it takes Vista to fully boot up. I have a brand new top of the range machine with well below average software on startup and it seems to take forever - somewhat I think after various Vista updates !!

I noticed one thing that really hacked me off with vista, it's set by default to do a disk defrag every few days or once per week. I like doing things like that myself once every so often.

I came across this one day in del.icio.us's top ten daily bookmarks, hope you find it usefull...

click here...

Regards.

Thanks mate. Just downloaded and thought I better ask before I run anything as there are no instructions.

I have vista Home Premium, which one should I run & which bat file is the restore patch just incase?

It didn't work for me, I'm on Vista home premium.

The boot up time doubled and it knocked out my wireless card signal (was still there in device manager though).

I ran the bat file again to restore , which seemed to work but I had to reinstall my wireless card to get it working again.

Thats said, it did seem to be faster when carrying out tasks but thats not much good when it boots up as fast as a 3 legged bull dog and no wireless.

Thanks anyway.

It didn't work for me, I'm on Vista home premium.

The boot up time doubled and it knocked out my wireless card signal (was still there in device manager though).

I ran the bat file again to restore , which seemed to work but I had to reinstall my wireless card to get it working again.

Thats said, it did seem to be faster when carrying out tasks but thats not much good when it boots up as fast as a 3 legged bull dog and no wireless.

Thanks anyway.

ahh well ;( maybe if you had ultimate it would have worked a lot better for you

i'll edit the post so its just for ultimate. cheers m8

ahh well ;( maybe if you had ultimate it would have worked a lot better for you

i'll edit the post so its just for ultimate. cheers m8

I ran the tweaked.bat too on "Ultimate" and as above it increases startup time 2 fold . I also lost internet connection and got some kernel error about window defender.

I think it turns off too many of the network services.

defaultVistaUltimate.bat restored it all though without any hassle

Back