1.50 kernel released for 3.71 M33

iso's will run fine mate.
its homebrew app's that require the 1.5 kernel that wont, like the ebook reader and thats why you also couldnt downgrade to 1.5 with the recovery menu.

all sorted now though :)

cool.

i seen that there is some problems with the recovery downgrade still

cool.

i seen that there is some problems with the recovery downgrade still

so have i mate. thats why im a bit reluctant to update at the moment as i still havent got pandora yet, im soooooo lazy : shocked2

when your messing with non sony theme's and you semi brick your psp thats not good without the recovery : spook :

Last edited:
Thanks john.

found this though on PSP-HACKS. seems to be tested and working, ive just added it to the downloads: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1832/

I CONFIRM THIS WORKS in XMB AND RECOVERY !!!
I just downgraded 2 times each with both methods from 3.71m33 without pandora just to make sure both ways work
/

/edit (2 or 5 i dunno)
It is recommended that you install both XMB and RECOVER downgrade files just to be sure it will run the downgrader files.
Example. I have 3.71m33 in the UPDATE folder and the DOWNGRADER in the RECOVERY Folder. when i tried to downgrade the psp, the psp ran the 3.71 upgrade files for some reason.
/

INSTALL XMB Downgrader files (Folder structure for install on PSP MS)

/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/decryptprx.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/extprxs.pbp
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/libpsardumper.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ta082_driver.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/UPDATE.PBP (ADD THIS FILE YOUR SELF - RENAME 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP)

INSTALL RECOVERY Downgrader files (Folder structure for install on PSP MS)

/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/decryptprx.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/extprxs.pbp
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/libpsardumper.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ta082_driver.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/UPDATE.PBP (ADD THIS FILE YOUR SELF - RENAME 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP)

It works on ta-82s as i just downgraded mine to test for you.
It is the same downgrader that is used for the 2.xx hen downgrades. The files are diffrent sizes from the hen downgrade i have but it will say psp downgrader by darkalex when its accually doing the downgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
you lot have been busy tonight lads,,just fill me in with the info so i can slowly break it down for john

pmsl

just got back in so didnt have time

just fill me in with the info so i can slowly break it down for john

lol, i have a blackboard and chalk if it will help? : spook :

Thanks john.

found this though on PSP-HACKS. seems to be tested and working, ive just added it to the downloads: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1832/

I CONFIRM THIS WORKS in XMB AND RECOVERY !!!
I just downgraded 2 times each with both methods from 3.71m33 without pandora just to make sure both ways work
/

/edit (2 or 5 i dunno)
It is recommended that you install both XMB and RECOVER downgrade files just to be sure it will run the downgrader files.
Example. I have 3.71m33 in the UPDATE folder and the DOWNGRADER in the RECOVERY Folder. when i tried to downgrade the psp, the psp ran the 3.71 upgrade files for some reason.
/

INSTALL XMB Downgrader files (Folder structure for install on PSP MS)

/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/decryptprx.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/extprxs.pbp
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/libpsardumper.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ta082_driver.prx
/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/UPDATE.PBP (ADD THIS FILE YOUR SELF - RENAME 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP)

INSTALL RECOVERY Downgrader files (Folder structure for install on PSP MS)

/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/decryptprx.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/extprxs.pbp
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/libpsardumper.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ta082_driver.prx
/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/UPDATE.PBP (ADD THIS FILE YOUR SELF - RENAME 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP)

It works on ta-82s as i just downgraded mine to test for you.
It is the same downgrader that is used for the 2.xx hen downgrades. The files are diffrent sizes from the hen downgrade i have but it will say psp downgrader by darkalex when its accually doing the downgrade

cool. Thanks. ive just deleted the older recovery with the update at the root and put this one on. got dual boot pandora battery but always good to have back up incase

new update's for 3.71 M33.

3.71 M33-2 and 1.50 kernel addon v 2
---------------------------------------------------
readme for m33update2 wrote:

Install instructions:

- Copy the program to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE
- If you have 1.50 addon, make sure you have the kernel of game folder configured to 3.71, or the
program will not even start.

Changes:

- There was a bug that caused corruption when writing files of more than 32256 bytes using usb flash.
The bug has been corrected, and now the implementation is as reliable as it was when it was based on 1.50 kernel.
(tested with a full restauration of a dump)

- Psp Slim: a functionality to let the charge of battery when connecting a usb cable has been added.
This feature is based on Noobz plugin code.
By default is not enabled, you can enable it in recovery.
Note that the charge of battery may be delayed some seconds since the moment you plug the cable.

- After installing this update, program at /PSP/GAME/UPDATE will always be executed on 3.71 kernel, despite configuration.

- VSHMenu: vshmenu will not be executed when onscreen keyboard is active, to avoid the lost of
the select button function in the keyboard.
An option to reset the psp has been added.

Note about twi bugs remaining:

The WLAN network error, and the PSP Slim psx game change of brightness.
These two bugs are copyright of Sony happens too in OFW.

The WLAN network happens when there is no network available, so not a big problem.

download: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1838/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

readme for 150kernel_addon2 wrote:

Install instructions:

- Copy the program to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE
- If you have 1.50 addon, make sure you have the kernel of game folder configured to 3.71, or the
program will not even start.

This update is totaly independent of the 3.71 M33 version installed (1, 2, or future ones),
and also independent of previous 1.50 kernel addon installed or not.

Changes:

- When returning from sleep mode, 3.71 ipl was executed causing an inmediate crash. Fixed.

download: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1839/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark_AleX wrote:

There is one more thing that i forgot to say in that readme, uploading again.

VSH plugins are not longer executed anymore in recovery mode, that was the cause of pseudo-bricks.
-----------------------------------
just put them in the download section.
enjoy!

Back