£9 Travelodge offer con

pops1a

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got excited when I saw the hotel group offering £9 rooms in June,July and August. I did a search and found to my disgust it's only for odd days in a week, usually Sunday. I'd planned to get away for a few days but am annoyed, I think it's a bloody cheek and a trick to get you to check out the site. What do others think and has anyone seen any genuine offers?

There are lots of dates available for a few pound more.Don't forget thats per room not per person. So £9 for 4 people is excellent.I can't see why your complaining to be honest.

I TO HAD THE EMAIL AND WHEN I LOOKED FOR A FEW DAYS TOGETHER THE CHEAPEST WAS £19 ,thats not a bad rate really but the email did suggest alot more £9 bookings than i could find.(sorry about caps)

Come on guy, You think, for example you go to wales for 1 day for £9 then come back next day having traveled for 5 hours and spent a fortune on fuel and if you wanted to stay for longer then you'd have to fork out premium prices, you might aswell in better place for same price or less. It's supposed to be an offer not a con trick. Well that's the way I see it, in my little world, anyways.

I don't really know what your problem is. Even if you want to stay for three days, you're still getting one of the nights for £9, and Travelodge is hardly expensive even at full price. I don't think there's anything in the adverts that's dishonest either. I think it's a pretty good offer. Obviously they'd like you to stay for other nights as well. They're a business, not a charity.

Come on guy, You think, for example you go to wales for 1 day for £9 then come back next day having traveled for 5 hours and spent a fortune on fuel and if you wanted to stay for longer then you'd have to fork out premium prices, you might aswell in better place for same price or less. It's supposed to be an offer not a con trick. Well that's the way I see it, in my little world, anyways.

Well depends on what you call premium. The most expensive room is £39 if you stayed 2 nights and paid the top price thats only £78 for a family. I think upto 6 people can stay in 1 room. So £78 for 6 people for 2 nights is still a good deal.

thats the power of advertising m8, they only need 1 room at that price for 1 night........its the same with rail fairs, air tickets etc its the same with any sale a few things with hugh amounts off the rest just a bit cheaper.

with travel lodges they are mostly filled moday to thurs with busness folk who are away from home and fri/sat night are full of people having a weekend away so sunday nights i would imagine most are empty so it makes sense to offer sunday night very cheap.....

So in that case it's not an offer. I'd be doing them a favour.

I understand where you are coming from pops but really its not bad.. I was away to manchester for 3 days.. paid £49.99 for a night, which was the cheapest.. considering this, its not bad...

So in that case it's not an offer. I'd be doing them a favour.

pessimist or optimist which are u...... :) i think i know which

as said in another post they are a business and and there primary objective is to make money !!!! its very rare you get something for nothing, take the £9 night and add it to two normal price nights and u have a discounted 3 nights price. see i am an optimist.....

i think £9 for a room is a damn good excuse to arrange a swingers party, even if it is on a sunday lol

im an expert m8

Dutcho taught me how to hide them ;)

:flock:

there are many references to sheep on here!! There has got to be something in it.... ;)

tbh dont see what the con is with this...

Back