£225 fine for not closing lid

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A HOMEOWNER was fined £225 for having too much rubbish in his bin.

Gareth Wilson-Corkhill overfilled the bin so that the lid was open by FOUR INCHES.

A council enforcement officer spotted it, took photographs and issued an on-the-spot fine.

But fuming Mr Wilson-Corkhill refused to pay a £110 fixed penalty and was taken to court.

He then copped the £110 fine – plus £100 prosecution costs and a £15 surcharge.

Mr Wilson-Corkhill, 26, of Whitehaven, Cumbria, stormed: “I was in shock when I found out about the fine. I couldn’t believe they would do that. I don’t leave the rubbish on the floor. Every fortnight you can guarantee people’s bins will be open more than mine

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

One for the Rant forum I think. It seems the petty beuracracy has found another way to generate cash to add to Parking Fines & Speeding Fines.

One for the Rant forum I think. It seems the petty beuracracy has found another way to generate cash to add to Parking Fines & Speeding Fines.

There is feck all petty about £225 !!!

They will be fining peeps for breathing to heavily next !!

Holy fook, I never thought this to be illegal!!

I have two bins and both of them have had the lids snapped off, so my rubbish is always popping out of the top. If this is happening then me thinks I need to go out in the early hours and pinch some smack heads wheelie bin with a lid on.

I heard rumours a while ago that peoples bins will be checked and if they are not recycling properly they will stand to face a £150 fine!

This sounds similar to it so maybe those rumours was true!

Taking the P!SS if you ask me, and as already been said it will just increase fly tipping.....

This country is well and truely fecked!

:(

Get on top of bin and jump up and down a bit me thinks !

what a load of rubbish! haven't they got anything better to do!?!?

takeu rubbish to the council tip
and then put a claim in for a reduction in ur council tax the fookers screw u all the time

Back