£16.93 to change my address on car insurance policy!

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
I moved into a new house in January and I've just remembered I need to change my address on my car insurance policy!

Phoned them up, can I change my address, yes sir no problem, that will be £16.93...shall I just take it from the card we have on file?

Errr...NO!!!!

What a rip off! I suppose I'll have to do it but gotta calm down first lol!

Oh by the way, it's Admiral!

whens your insurance due?, i would personally leave it until such a time it was due then change insurance companies. Only last month my wife bought a newer car and i called her insurance. There was only 30days or so left on the policy but i thought they would charge anywas. BUT they didnt... i was shocked! (swintons)
Its a rip off, it dosent cost them anything to change your address other than the few taps on a pc, i dont think our address are even on our certs.
I would also think about moving companies if they pull tricks like that, but then again i move our companies every year. Virgin seem to be offering best deals atm, plus no intrest if you pay on the never never.

It could be that your new address is in higher risk area for theft etc and thats what the charge is for?

When I moved from the South East to the Midlands the premium went up for that reason.

Worth double checking whether it was an admin fee or something else

Crazy

Total rip off only thing is if u dont change address and you have an accident or your car is stolen (touch wood it dont happen) if they write the car off any cheques will go to your old address or they might try saying your insurance is invalid as you never informed them of a change in circumstances should say fine i will pay the 16.93 but will take my policy elsewhere upon renewal they might waiver it worth a try m8 good luck

Total rip off only thing is if u dont change address and you have an accident or your car is stolen (touch wood it dont happen) if they write the car off any cheques will go to your old address or they might try saying your insurance is invalid as you never informed them of a change in circumstances should say fine i will pay the 16.93 but will take my policy elsewhere upon renewal they might waiver it worth a try m8 good luck

I had thought of all that! My last address is my parents so no worries about anything going there lol!

I think I'll just pay it as they have been the cheapest for me for that past 3 years.

Thanks for your comments.

i pay public liability insurance, only about £9 a month and one month for whatever reason the payment failed. phoned the company to pay by card, a £25 fee to pay by card, ok then take double next month, a £30 missed payment fee, ok then fook it cancel the lot, a £110 cancellation fee. all for a £9 payment

robbing fookers

oh this brings back memories lmao.
some years ago i was the proud owner of an old banger, so i moved 300yards up the road, phoned the insurance company and told em i was moving. she said that will add £26 onto your premium. i said wahts that for - reply, seems to be a higher risk area sir... mm i said "you mean more chance of car being stolen" - "yes sir", she replied. my response "very good but i am third party only", "it's just lines on a map sir" - "oh i see you mean cos i have moved to a house i can see from here i have become a worse driver" You can guess the rest - fookin thieves....
i don't think there is a time i have ever rang them and they have not answered with the reply "that'll be £26 please sir"

insurance companies are scammers

is that it i got got charged 35 quid when changing mine i had a mk2 gti they said *That will be 35 smackers i said wot thats for she said for the stationary used*

i said when has ink and a peice of paper ever cost 35 quid i hope its golden lined for that price.

Back