£120 to come off PS3 in the next few weeks

Hope it does drop in price, i will definately buy it if it drops by about £100.

I seriously doubt that the price will be dropped by £120. $ony will be losing stacks of money already on the hardware, and making it up on the games

However if they do, I will b one of the first to buy one :)

Can't say I'll buy one myself but they really would be shooting themselves in the foot with such a large price-drop so soon..

I never buy any games console when the first come out anymore I alway wait for the reviews and the price to drop to a decent amount so i'm looking forward to it the thing is i'm not to sure which to buy between the wii or the ps3 ???

If the price did drop to around £300 I'd buy one for the Blu-ray player, forget the games side.

@Rat: The gamecube price was cut before it was even launched as I recall, in response to the Xbox price cut.

yeh id buy one just for the blu ray, games are still pricey at £40 odd or more

Can't see it happening anytime soon - maybe retailer specific price drops, but not an official one.

With MS releasing their 'Elite' version, Sony will see their price as pretty justified for what you're getting - maybe if MS only had the Premium SKU it might have been slightly different because the price was quite far apart, but there'll be very little in it when the new version comes out.

The PS2 took just under a year for a price drop of £100 to happen, so i'd expect a similar thing to happen - maybe a drop to around the £300-350 mark by Christmas (along with the proposed 80GB harddrive).

I don't mind waiting it out for a price drop personally though, the PS3 offers very little right now and really doesnt justify a price tag of £425 (for some new HD format, which doesnt benefit most people and some ported Xbox360 games).

Maybe in a year or so when/if a price drop does happen it might have a catalouge of games worth spending the money on.

Didn't something similar happen with the original Xbox? I thought they reduced the price by £100 not long after launch and gave some kind of refund to people who'd already bought it.

Yes, I was one of the fools who bought one first day it came out. IIRC I got an extra couple of games which I could choose from, plus an extra controller.

Is it true that only the european PS3s are missing the hardware PS1 and PS2 compatability chip?

Is it true that only the european PS3s are missing the hardware PS1 and PS2 compatability chip?

Yeh the Euro Ps3's are missing them. Don't know if its also like that in any other countries but I doubt it.

Yeh the Euro Ps3's are missing them. Don't know if its also like that in any other countries but I doubt it.
At launch yes, there is Software Emulation but there isnt anywhere near the compatibility as the Hardware one, shortly PS3s in all territories will have the hardware chip cut, its just us that dont have it at all.

dont care about blueray as my personal opinion is the hd-dvd will wipe the floor with it, blueray will be always about but i think its always going to be number two as the betamax was to the vhs lol.

Very true plus there is the fact that HD had a nice head start with the many delays and technical faults that Blueray was having at the start

Back