£1000 to spend on new telly

:(

Typical innit, after reading a few reviews on other sites I decided that the Panasonic TH50PX70 was a bit of a bargain but all the local Currys stores are sold out and Argos are wanting almost £300 MORE than Currys for the same tv :(

My head is on fire, so many TV's to choose from. Just as i settle on one tv another catches my eye. It's so confusing.

[update]

Ok, since I can't find a source of the Pioneer TV I'm after I've decided to go for a Samsung, I've narrowed it down to these 2 TVs, Samsung PS50Q97HD or PS50A456P.

Now considering that this tv will be used by an 65 year old man who owns no consoles and no HDTV source, it'll be connected to a Dreambox500 and nothing else - I consider the purchase as a waste of money TBH!

I should really be buying him the cheapest piece of piss available, but he wants "the best tv for my money", lol

Old dick.

Last edited:
He wants it today and doesn't want to wait on delivery.

Anyway, what's cheap and nasty about a £1000 Samsung?

We ended up buying the Samsung PS50A456P, gorgeous looking tv but I'm not too happy with the picture quality, their is a definate lack of detail on all SD channels, BBC1 looks kinda mushy compared to my own 50" tv.

I'll have a snoop around on AVForums and see if someone can set me up with some good contrast/brightness levels etc for this tv, I'm sure it's just needing a few tweaks and it'll be fine.

Do these tv's (plasma) have a 'burn in' period?

200 hours for mine m8, and you should look for your settings now.

Back