[DM800HD] Calculating Check Sum.....HELP

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
dm800hd

booting issues...

clone

trying to apply new image through dream up but keeps freezing on 'calculating check sum'

why? is it the image? what image should i try for this clone? its the no ca found error originally etc ,

cheers all

I assume by the title of the thread you want to calculate the checksum of the file/image you're trying to flash with so you can compare if with the reported checksum of what it should be, right?

If so, on Windows install HashTab - once installed, right click on a file and select Properties and then click on the File Hashes tab. Give it a second and it'll calculate the checksum for you to compare elsewhere, or you can click to select a local file to compare with, in case you're trying to find duplicates. The MD5 checksum is the most common.

On Linux/STB - Telnet into the box and either ls to the path of the file you want to check or include the full path into the command:

md5sum path/file

so for example:

md5sum image.gz

md5sum /tmp/image.gz

I assume by the title of the thread you want to calculate the checksum of the file/image you're trying to flash with so you can compare if with the reported checksum of what it should be, right?

If so, on Windows install HashTab - once installed, right click on a file and select Properties and then click on the File Hashes tab. Give it a second and it'll calculate the checksum for you to compare elsewhere, or you can click to select a local file to compare with, in case you're trying to find duplicates. The MD5 checksum is the most common.

On Linux/STB - Telnet into the box and either ls to the path of the file you want to check or include the full path into the command:

md5sum path/file

so for example:

md5sum image.gz

md5sum /tmp/image.gz

no i just want to flash the box and i keep crashing on dream up on 'calculating check sum'

Back