Backup DM500S

jango_nick

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to make a backup of the one box that I have got that is fully functional (refer to my other posts for my tales of woe getting thus far lol)

I connect the box via null modem, start Universal Dreamup, and the connection comes up fine "the box is speaking to us" etc.

I press the "backup" button and it prompts me to name the file , I chose db2backup and then press save. It seems to start the process but after about 20 seconds in an error box pops up "An error occurred creating the back up"

It gives no other information and a google hasnt helped me find out why. Any ideas? Does the file name I chose for example have to follow a specific format ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

PS I have Dream Control Center software as well but dont know if I can do it using that

i think the backup has to be an .iso image file m8, wether the programme sorts this out on its own, or if you have to put the .iso prefix in, i dont know

i think the backup has to be an .iso image file m8, wether the programme sorts this out on its own, or if you have to put the .iso prefix in, i dont know

Spot on!! once I added the .iso to the file name it worked str8 on. Cheers !!

Back