mgcamd

MRJIN007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi - I have always used a cccam.cfg file and now need to use mgcamd. i.e. I have a CWS line.

Can anyone tell me how i can set this up on a DreamBox 800?

Any help appreciated!

Installation will depend on image. Although you could use Glass utility which has UCM (Universal Cam Manager).

In any case, your mg_cfg annd newcamd.list will need to be placed in /usr/keys/. The details will need to be entered in newcamd.list.

I'm trying to do the same. I read somewhere MgCamd 1.3.5a is best version for Sly. I get freeze about every 10 seconds though :)

I will search and install and check it out. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to do the same. I read somewhere MgCamd 1.3.5a is best version for Sly. I get freeze about every 10 seconds though :)

I will search and install and check it out. Thanks.

If it's doing that then you need to look at the settings for the file mg_cfg, post up your settings here and I'll have a look.

Below is a copy of my mg_cfg (I think) when I used to have a dm800se.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thanks IAmATeaf, just popped in and saw an email to this. I think you're right. I will try this file. Here's my current one with specifics (ip, id, password ) taken out to post here. Also in newcamd.list file I am given for test purposes there are 2 first lines:
CWS = test.blah.net 12345 id password 01 02 03 04....etc wan server1
CWS_MULTIPLE =test.blah.net 54321 id password 01 02 03 04....etc wan server1
I am using the first line's port (say 12345) in mg_cfg not second line's port no., I presume this right? (though L: line needing that in mg_cfg only outputs a logfile, i think, & not vital)

Here's my laggy mg_cfg given by the test provider:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thanks very much for your help man, much appreciated.

Back