LG 42LE8900 TV Review

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
LG 42LE8900 TV Review
Hawkish asked me a while ago (in another thread) to do a review on my new TV so here is a very brief one.
The LG 42LE8900 is a 1080p LED LCD TV , It's only 35mm deep (thick) has a freeview HD tuner, 200Hz processing, THX settings and ISFccc controls for professional calibration, comes in 42" (mine) 47" and 55".
The screen is a single piece of glass which looks great but makes it very reflective in a bright room and very heavy (for wall mounting).
The remote is nice to hold and very responsive (the best I've used) although to me some of the buttons are misplaced (teletext EPG etc) there are loads of options to tweak the picture, sound etc, the only picture setting needed is THX bright room I personally don't think calibration would improve this much!
The blacks are superb (to my eye as good as the pannys) for a LCD, freeview HD is very good and blu ray is awesome, SD channels are good with a decent terrestrial signal.
It has LG's netcast internet access including BBCi player youtube etc, 2 usb ports for Wi-Fi (dongle) plays Div x HD and is DNLA compliant.
Overall I'm very happy with it but I've found it is very fussy what files it will play via usb

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excuse the off level pic, notice the window reflected on the left of the picture.

Bill.

Last edited:
Back