Windows 10 issue with iTunes

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently got an iPad mini 2. When I hooked it up to my PC I could see it in the list of devices, but not in iTunes. Tried a couple of reboots, different USB lead etc. (as per instructions from Apple) to no avail.
Turns out it's a driver issue with Win 10 which is easily remedied by following the instructions on this page.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

it connects ok with iTunes , I just think I'm doing something wrong when putting songs onto me phone , if you could give ma a step by step [not a video ] right from the beginning that would be great .

You could also run iTunes or any software using Windows compatibility settings..
so if anything you have installed does not run right in win 10 just run it using compatibility settings..its a quick fix if you are waiting for drivers or something and allows you to run installed programme/software correctly...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

it connects ok with iTunes , I just think I'm doing something wrong when putting songs onto me phone , if you could give ma a step by step [not a video ] right from the beginning that would be great .

Do you want to keep music in iTunes, or do you just want to add it as you go along?

iTunes is not Syncing with my phone , when I try to put a song on my phone its not doing it , but when I put iTunes on , iTunes is seeing my phone . janobi I'm not worried about keeping music in iTunes I just want to put music on my phone .

If I were you I would use a third party transfer software...
Transfer what you want this way...and there are plenty of free ones..
Something like Touchcopy or phonetrans..
Failing that install Dropbox on iPhone and upload your music to it on computer then download on iPhone.

iTunes is not Syncing with my phone , when I try to put a song on my phone its not doing it , but when I put iTunes on , iTunes is seeing my phone . janobi I'm not worried about keeping music in iTunes I just want to put music on my phone .

You've got a couple of options.

1. Mediamonkey - its an alternative to itunes.
2. ifunbox - you can ssh into the phone and transfer things that way.

I dont keep my music in itunes, because well its a complete waste of space and IFH itunes as well.

I tick at the bottom manage music and videos manually.

You can then just drag and drop stuff into the phone/ipad in the side of itunes.

Back