EPG problems

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm trying to record series', but i cannot find programmes beyond the next hour. I'm not able to get a programme list that tells me what is on for the whole day, the next day,the next 5 days etc. I can only see what is on now and the next hour!

Does someone know what the prob is?

Thanks
Lefty

Hi guys

I'm trying to record series', but i cannot find programmes beyond the next hour. I'm not able to get a programme list that tells me what is on for the whole day, the next day,the next 5 days etc. I can only see what is on now and the next hour!

Does someone know what the prob is?

Thanks
Lefty

Yes maybe able to help more if you gave a bit more detail of image etc..
In open vix go to plugins and select CrossEPGdownloader this will download update epg..
But what ever image you have it just needs the epg configuring and updating thus giving you seven days programme details.
This is roughly the same for all images...

1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.

AJT

Thank you for your easy perfect instructions. I am on Open Vix and it now shows a 7 day EPG. Question though, how does it keep updated? Do I have to do this every week?

Thanks

AJT

Thank you for your easy perfect instructions. I am on Open Vix and it now shows a 7 day EPG. Question though, how does it keep updated? Do I have to do this every week?

Thanks

In the epg settings crossepg/configure you set it up to download data everyday at a time you select.

so in cross epg setup i have put it as once a day at 4am. The strange thing is is that i had this setup before?

Back